1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Next 5 Games Mean Everything. I'm f'in serious.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Mar 22, 2017.

?

Record next 5 games?

1. 5-0

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. 4-1

42 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. 3-2

58 vote(s)
    40.3%
  4. 2-3

10 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. 1-4

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. 0-5

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I don't disagree with that...The rockets are a damn good team. but I was just explaining the poll. and of the two teams I've mentioned, those are the two that the rockets are going to have to beat. Of course they are better than the majority of the league.

My personal opinion is they loose in the first round, but that's a different discussion.

I voted 2-3 in the poll, but 3-2 is not a stretch either. I think 4-1, 5-0 are stretches.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

More versatile?? All you'd do is **** up whatever chemistry we have, and probably lose Harden the MVP in the meantime. When have you ever seen successful teams experiment with their rotations 90% into the season? Only tankers pull that ish. Y'all need to stop playing so much 2K.....I'm serious.

Mr Chuck Norris and heypartner like this.
  3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

So you think that Lou Williams is fully integrated?

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Fair points. The team is still too inconsistent in "playing with urgency for all 4 quarters" and in "3pt shooting."

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's been in the rotation from day 1 and has nothing to do with different lineups and rotations

6. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

So running certain sets for Lou to see how he can be more effective is useless?

Running plays with him and capela on the pick and roll, pick and pop with Gordon and Anderson

I swear some of the people here panic so easily. "Noooo! Don't run plays to better your 6,7 and 8 man, it'll ruin chemistry"

"No, don't play with line ups to see what gets you better rebounding and stops"

Pop has been doing stuff like this forever.

7. Fyreball

Integrated in what way?? He's averaging around 24 mpg, and has played in every single game he's been here. Do I think he's acclimated himself to the team and system? Not 100%, but do I think they are going to drastically alter his minutes or when he plays?? Absolutely not. Why would they? The whole point is to hone and streamline the rotation now.....not expand it, or start messing with players' scheduled minutes.

heypartner likes this.
  8. Nivos

Nivos Member

Actually we might want to lose to GS to help them catch the 1st spot and then don't have to meet them until the conference finals.
    I'd much rather have Spurs in the 2nd round than GS.
    OKC will be a huge game though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yea maybe I didn't word it well, but there is nothing wrong with experimenting a little for situational ball

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nah not talking about expanding the rotation. Fine tuning it. There is equity in finding ways to help him acclimate to the system in this final stretch. He hasn't looked as good as his laker self, but that could be perception too

11. Fyreball

"Playing with different rotations and line-ups" is VASTLY different from "running certain sets" for certain players. Obviously I'm not opposed to developing new plays, or running existing plays for different players....in fact, I'm fairly certain that's what they're spending the next 3 days on in practice. But I don't think it's panicking to say that I don't want the team all of a sudden running 5 men rotations out there that have never seen the court together, or trying to run developmental plays in the middle of the home stretch of the season.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, but if we can beat the Warriors in these games(especially if we go 2-0), wouldn't we want them in Round 2?

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

For whatever reason, to me, I don't think LouWill looks totally comfortable out there in the 2nd unit. He is just trying to pick his spots and looks to be thinking too much and trying hard to fit in. He just needs to let his game flow.

14. Fyreball

Agreed. I'm pretty sure we're arguing on the same side of the aisle.

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Which is why I stated in a post above that I may have worded that incorrectly.

Relax man. No need to trip out.

And the season is effectively over. We are the 3rd seed no matter what

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

yea for sure

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah kinda tough. Now that he's on a winning team, his decision making is a lot more crucial. Coming from a losing team where he put up numbers and decision making really didn't matter much. They weren't playing for anything so he was just playing so much more freely. he's fortunate to be in this position and i think he'll take advantage of it as long as he can. well my hope at least bc I think he can be very crucial once the 2nd units roll out in the playoffs. him and EG can potentially cause a ton of problems for many of these not so deep teams.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

One other thing on Lou. He is a great scorer. And I know the Rockets philosophy is 3's and layups and no midrange. But Lou can thrive in the midrage. If the midrange is open, he should take it. He is a capable shooter. In the last game, he had a wide open long two and could have taken it in rhythm, but stepped back behind the 3pt line and got called for a travel. It is things like that. LouWill needs to be LouWill.

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

gordon is a very capable mid range shooter too. I wish they weren't told not to shoot wide open twos. but i'll bet you they take more in the marquee games, I think its going to be necessary.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I'm going with 3-2. We lose to Steven once and @ Portland