1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The New ClutchFans Forums

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

R2K beat me to it on the "how to" but I turned off signatures years ago and have never regretted it.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

I actually like having the post time and the likes at the bottom of the post, but I don't care enough to try to stand in the way of the will of the board.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Deuce just liked you post and made added a line of space. :)

Deuce likes this.
  4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I gave an example of how it would look like above the post. IMO much better

Here is the screenshot

[​IMG]

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Also just now snapped about the New button that shows which posts have been made since you last visited a thread. Very neat....helps me easily know where to start reading when I revisit a thread

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Also, (** a huge win imo**) clicking the title of the thread now takes you directly to first unread (ie the first post with a NEW next to it). So, you longer have to click some tiny arrow -- much better for Mobile.

btw: that assumes the thread has new posts...i.e. if the thread title has a blue bullet and NEW next to it.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

One feature I really like is the notification feature. Again, great work, Clutch and team. Really appreciate it.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Notifications are awesome. Someone please notify me more :)

heypartner likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Clutch just wanted to say it again, absolutely love,love these new forums. Great new features and very modern. There are little nitpicks here and there, but bottom line, this is a major upgrade and I am looking forward to the new Rockets season with this board.

Great work!

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Found a bug with the quoting. I wish I would have said that line, but sadly I didn't.

[​IMG]

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Is there a reason there's a username next to the time stamp? I mean, if the user posting is on the left with a huge avatar, is the Username really necessary again (provided there's a reason NOT to have it there). Just wondering why that's there. I mean, no one else would post for me, you know? :confused:

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody is interested in posting for you. But most of us have posted for DaDakota one time or another. :D

SwoLy-D likes this.
  13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Mods can edit your post. I would imagine that is why.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  14. SwoLy-D

I agree with that :cool: and can see why that is needed when they do, but the default is always the original poster... and so... it's not like it's needed, you know? I mean, you know it's me because the stuff on the left. My question was if it was needed again UNDER the text or things I post in my comment... you know? SwoLy-D posted this... by SwoLy-D at such and such time... by SwoLy-D . Not sure it will help/slow the forums, but just something that might leave less clutter.

15. heypartner

Hey, @SwoLy-D

Mobile Portrait view does what you want--suppresses poster name in timestamp. You can thank me now.

16. SwoLy-D

:cool: That's cool, thanks, but I don't know what "Mobile Portrait" view is. I do not view the BBS in mobile devices. I have way back, but I don't do that now.

The issue I bring up is in Chrome and FireFox on Windows 7.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thank god for fixed width. A godsend for people with larger monitors.

Deuce likes this.
  18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Whenever I make the 21st (or 41st or 61st) post on a thread, my post does not show up. It goes into thinking/saving mode and I either have to refresh the page or go back to the subforum home and I will notice that I have the first post on the next page. Anyone else?

19. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Some one may have mentioned this already. Those embedded codes for youtube vids, tweets looked kinda messy now with this new platform. Any solutions?

20. heypartner

It's easier now. The BBS just renders the URL to a video or tweet. In the post edit box, use the Media button to post youtube and twitter URLs. No need to embed the full code anymore. At yt hit "Share" and copy the link it provides, not Embed. At twitter, use the Copy Link to Tweet option, not Embed Tweet.

See this post

freemaniam likes this.