1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

the near future looks good heres to the new year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stangend77, Dec 29, 2006.

1. stangend77

stangend77 Member

im sure everyone has looked at the schedule and seen how good it looks for the next month. for those of you that have not yao could not have gotten hurt at a more opportune time in the year, we have a very soft january. with t-mac back i think not only can we tread water while yao is out, but even better our record during his abscense. to me even in the worst case we finish the month of jan 11-6, the sched. looks like this.........

-hawks 9-18 win
    -grizzlies 6-24 definate win
    -sonics 12-18 win
    -jazz 21-9 (it pains me to say this) loss
    -timberwolves 12-14 win
    -bulls 17-12 win
    -lakers 19-10 win
    -denver 16-10 win
    -kings 12-14 win
    -mavericks 22-7 loss
    -suns 19-8 loss
    -denver 16-10 loss
    -spurs 22-8 loss
    -trail blazers 13-16 win
    -76ers 7-21 win
    -sonics 12-18 win

man its too bad yao gut hurt we were getting ready to do some major damage, but oh well i still feel like roughly 11-6 is the worst we can do in jan. as long as t-mac is in there. so cheer up enjoy the game on new years eve and things could be much worse, this season could easliy still be the one. :D happy new year everyone!

2. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

You are acting as if we have Yao on our team.....just add two more losses to the record: Lakers and Bulls. I'm not sure the Rockets can duplicate the near wins against Lakers, especially with Yao out, and we nearly got beaten by the Bulls with both T-Mac and Yao, with Ben Gordan being the firework that can go off at any moment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Earl Watson will still be SG at Seattle when we go there, because it will be one heck of a matchup for T-Mac :D

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

didn't most of us here say in a poll at the begining of the season that if the rockets had 18-21 wins before january we would be very pleased. considering the rough schedule, most of us thought that would be a nice mark.

well guess what?

we're still on track.

4. kevtse

kevtse Member

I'll be very happy if they do 6-11.

5. fa7999

fa7999 Member

If they go better than 6-11, we are in good shape as long as TMac stays healthy and Yao is back on schedule.

6. stangend77

stangend77 Member

dont hate appreciate :D man i hope they dont go 6-11 this month....pessimist.

7. amathie

amathie Member

timberwolves 12-14 win
    -bulls 17-12 win
    -lakers 19-10 win
    -denver 16-10 win
    -kings 12-14 win

i believe we will lose at least 2 or 3 in the above 5 games

8. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Don't do the win loss thing now guys if anything we should have learned from Yao's injury that anything can change at an instant.

We might lose the Bulls/Lakers/Wolves but at the same time we might beat Jazz/Nuggets/Spurs etc.

I don't see how we're going to play ANY of the good teams seeing as we have no front line anymore. I appreciate Deke/Hayes/Howard holding it down but Hayes/Howard/Deke don't look like they can do anything to stop Duncan or KG or Amare/Marion or Boozer, etc.

Will T-Mac carry the team? We'll have to wait a few days and see.

BONZI GET YOUR ****** AND SORE BACK OUT THERE AND HELP OUT TMAC AND THE TEAM.

9. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

not sure bout ur other predictions but
    -mavericks 22-7 win (one of their 7 loses is from rockets)
    -suns 19-8 win (maybe they have a bad shooting night)
    -denver 16-10 win (thought this one carmelo isn't back due to postpone of the suns denver game so just shut down everyone else besides AI)
    -spurs 22-8 win (yao lead team to win, now tmac's time to lead team to win over them)

i dont care if they lose to all other teams but if rockets can beat these 4 in the stretch then they okay

10. bubbachuck

bubbachuck Member

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

soft schedule in January?

Na uh.

Feb-March looking much more favorable - January is tough and it comes of course at the worst possible time.