1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The NBA refs are officials are the most corrupt in the world

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GoRox2013, Apr 30, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9nI4zlEW2A
    Apparently KD's at the line after making a free throw with little under a minute left. OKC down by one. During the 2nd free throw, this fat POS troll Joey Crawford decides to disrupt the game and randomly replay something in the middle of KD's free throw. Wtf???? KD misses

These refs need to be arrested and put behind bars after this postseason. The FEDS need to come investigate these bastards

1 person likes this.
  2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He wasn't replaying, he was fixing the scoreboard, i honestly don't see the issue with this, it's like saying if the refs call their compulsory timeout during your free throws, that they distracted you.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

some are dumbest in the world

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Weak sauce.

Durant has to make those. It is not like Joey was there when he actually shot the free throw.

He needed to refocus once he got the ball back. If Durant let that Joey incident get to him then he needs to be stronger mentally.

Bottom line? Its a free throw. Even the best miss sometimes in those situations.

I think the scorekeeper is scarred for life though......

"LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

#4 Zboy, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

You blow the whistle after the free throw man, you cant ice someone like that. Awful ref job 0/10

Saying that, I'm so happy OKC lost

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

C'mon dog. A little under a minute left, and you interrupting game winning free throws? You give the man the ball then run right back over and take the ball away. Could the man had shot his free throws first? Some of you will just jump on the other side of a argument just to do it.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

So true. The refs need to be put in jail for forcing Durant to miss.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

What if he missed? Do you blow the whistle then and cost Memphis a potential fast break?

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

If I was an OKC fan I'd be pretty irate at that...

Yes he should've made it, but in a pressure situation...game on the line...in an activity that uses repetition...Joey iced the shooter.

10. DocRock

DocRock Member

This. What the hell is wrong with you people :confused:

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They should just cancel this PlayOffs and start it over again with better officiating guidelines.

12. awc713

awc713 Member

I get the hate for Joey, but what he did was 100% fine. He was fixin the scoreboard, specifically that both teams were in the bonus. If Durant shoots and misses, the game gets played with the scoreboard wrong, perhaps influencing the game MORE so than having him fix it.

He didn't add or negate free throws. Did Durant get "iced"? Sure. But Joey was fixing what he was supposed to. Thats his job. Its Durants job to refocus and make that FT.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not the first time ft's were interrupted. that had no effect on KD's Ft's. he just missed. in this situation the refs had to do their job.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on - missing the FT was not Crawfords fault, KD missed it.

DD

15. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Why are people even complaining that he stopped the game to fix the time? The timing was questionable because of what happened. Everyone just assumed that KD was going to make that FT if he didn't stop him. You have to fix the time when it's a dead ball. You can't just assume KD will make the shot. But yes, the timing's bad and KD of all people can't be excused for missing that important FT.

1 person likes this.
  16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

joey's antics were a bit dramatic but that's not why KD missed the free throw. if that's true, KD's the weakest minded player in the league. why did he miss the other two free throws? is it because a butterfly flapped its wings too much?

#16 macalu, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

If he did that to the Rockets and we missed the free throw I think you would be pissed.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

KD is a 90% ft shooter and a MVP candidate - I dont agree with what Crawford did there but its a poor excuse to say thats why KD missed the free throw.

A poor free throw shooter like DeAndre Jordan or Dwight where a lot of their ability to shoot free throws are mental - then yeah you can say the icing got to their heads, but not for anyone that shoots over 80% IMO especially not a 90% FT shooter.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

I'm just glad this didn't happen to the Rockets. The GARM would melt down and self destruct. They already think the refs are out to get them as it is.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think the way he did it messed things up. He blew the whistle and ran up at him. It really threw off his focus.

Now if he blew it and approached regulary, instead of trying to be a showman, then I think things would have gone differently.