1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The NBA actually responded to me about this Rockets NBA.com TV thing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBIIRockets, Feb 4, 2003.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

here was my letter,

I guess the NBA enjoys ripping off their digital cable League Pass
    subscribers.

I live in Austin, and was hoping to see the Rockets and Kings play on League Pass, a service I subscribed to so I could "catch all the games."

Problem is, is that the slogan, "catch all the games" turned out to be a big fat lie.

If that were true I'd be able to see the Rockets and Kings game tonight, but the game was changed from League Pass, and added to the NBA TV channel, a channel that was taken away from me because I have digital cable.

Now, the fact that I ordered NBA League Pass, and still do not get the NBA TV channel is outright criminal!!!!!

Thanks for screwing me and others out of 40-plus games. (All the ones that NBA TV picked up.)

I deserve to watch all these good matchups that are picked up by NBA TV since I paid for this League Pass service.

It's amazing that a few humans were able to put their heads together, and decide to screw the lives of many dedicated NBA fans by taking NBA TV off the air, and replacing with a 24 hour long League Pass advertisement, something I already have.

As Bill Walton would say, That is HORRRRRIIIIBBBLE.

Now I should get a response from an actual person, not just the one that says that the NBA got my message. But the NBA doesn't care about their fans anyway, so of course I don't expect one.

Regards,
    JBII

their reponse

Please note that NBA TV is a national television network that is airing NBA games. To date, only DIRECTV and Echostar have agreed to carry NBA TV. We are continuing to negotiate with the cable companies for carriage of NBA TV and hope to conclude agreements for such carriage. Thank you for your correspondence and for your interest in the NBA.

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Sue for false advertisement, if McDonald can be sued for too hot of a coffee, you can sue for sure :) :D :) :D

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Masterful. That's my favorite part.

4. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

Man I'm with you! False Ad.....:mad:

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

At least you got a response. None for me!

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Word for word, that is the exact same response I got.

7. feishen

feishen Member

See I just dont understand why NBA TV picks up the game and block it to League Pass. Why cant the league pass show that game? What's the logic behind that?

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Can you say Direc TV?

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

That is pretty much an automated response. I got the exact same one.

I also b****ed and complained to my cable company hoping to get a refund. All I got was a smartass response saying "I'm sorry we don't control what inDemand decides to televise." So, now I'm working on inDemand, and I just got this response:

<b>
    Hello-

The NBA has launched a new channel (which they have named NBATV) where they
    will broadcast special programming and games from time to time, however, it
    is not the same NBA TV that was the base channel for NBA LEAGUE PASS.

Since this channel is separate from NBA LEAGUE PASS, each cable operator is
    currently in separate negotiations to add this channel to their line up.

You may want to check with your cable provider to see if they are planning
    on adding the new channel in the near future, or feel free to forward your
    comments to leaguepass@nba.com.

Please feel free to contact us with any other questions.
    </b>

Anyways, it sounds like the "run-around" is in full effect. The cable company is saying it's inDemand, and inDemand is saying it's the cable companies.

At least that email explains that the old NBA TV channel that played classic NBA games is not the same as the "new" NBA TV channel that shows live games.

10. DCkid

Can you say "high-rise-apartment-with-balcony-facing-the-wrong direction?" I know it's a mouthful. :D

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

More money for the NBA. They're trying to come up with another product to sell to providers. You know, make more money from games on NBA-TV. Games we already paid for. If anyone personally knows a member of Congress, you should explain this to them. Maybe they could ask the NBA for an explanation. We're getting ****ed. Royally.

12. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

This is a screw job, plain and simple. Another way for "Corporate Amereica" to stuff their shorts with money while screwing the consumer. Unfortunatly there is nothing we can do about it accept not renew our Leauge Pass, and for all the B#$%#*** I have done I know I will by it again next year. That is the only way I can see Rox accept the 2 times a year they are on cable. It SUCKS having your hands tied!!!!:mad:

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Nice letter. I don't think anyone even really works at NBA Headquarters. I mean, I don't think they even have any employees there. When Stern and a handful of Board Governors rule and administer every aspect of the League with an iron fist, what's the need for extra employees? In fact, that automated response may have even come from Stern's very own Outlook Express!

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Hey one question about NBA league Pass.

Isnt it a subscription that is supposed to get you something like 40 games a week? What I mean is, does it consist of multiple channels showing "every" game?

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Yes, NBA League Pass uses 11 channels, each one showing a different game depending on the number of games on each day.

16. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

That is what they advertise, but as you can see by the nature of this post, they don't deliver. I do wonder if someone could sue due to false advertising and actually have a case. The thing that gets me is that NBA TV isn't a national network!! It is a network that is offered only by 2 satiliite providers, that is far from being a national network.

17. DCkid

After that response from iNDEMAND I sent an email to my cable company demanding an NBA League Pass refund or at the very least a credit to my account. I just hinted at a refund my last couple of emails, but to no avail. We'll see.

18. tozai

tozai Member

Haha, that's why I watched it on that Chinese site...

19. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

I called my cable company and they pretended that they didn't have any clue about it. I asked about the refund and they said they will give me $20 credit for the next bill.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I looked into Direct TV but the install job would be too difficult for my current apartment. Plus my balcony faces north. I also need Time Warner for Road Runner. I'll probably be too busy with school to get League Pass next year, but I'm gonna need Direct TV to get Big 12 football games out of region.