1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Most Important Game of the Season So Far

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rock, Nov 26, 1999.

1. rock

rock Member

I cannot tell you how much I want the Rockets to beat this team. I'd like the visions of Barkley jumping up in the air yelling "Get up !@#$%!" as Pippen falls on the ground, busting his @$$ and turning the ball over. I'd like to see Carlos Rogers school a bunch of his former teammates to show them the talent they benched all year. But the most important thing a victory could give the Rockets is some courage, some heart, and the desire to show everyone that the Rocks are still a contender and will fight it out till the end of the season.

I know the Rocks are going to come into the game hyped to the max. Hopefully, they will not play nervous, b/c we all know that would lead to a devastating loss. This game is the crux in the early season, and a win is critical.

Our next two games are going to be interesting. First, Portland with the Pippen & Barkley showdown... Then we have Vancouver afterward w/ Dickerson and Othella. I know we always get killed by ex-Rockets, but let us hope it's not the case in the next two games.

Cmon' Rocks...

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Vancouver's even more of a big game to me... you've got half last year Rockets on that team (ok, so I exaggerate). Two of them get big minutes and you also have the only city that can hate a player more than we hate Pippen (Vancouver vs. Francis)... should be an interesting 2 games... =)

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

I agree....If we win tonight in Portland it would be a huge confindence builder for this team. A win tonight would give the Rockets a great chance to put their first winning streak together. Tonight is the night for the Rockets to turn this thing around. I fell very optimistic about tonight. Go Rockets!

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Agreed. Barkley may not always be right, but I think when he made those comments he was doing what he thought was best for the team. Pippen may have been right at the time, but his actions were completely out of line. For the sake of justice, I hope Charles eclipses the 33 rebound effort he put together a few years back (against the Suns) en route to a Rocket victory. That should give the guys at ESPN something else to talk about.

5. Doc

Doc Member

I hope Chuck drags his ample behind around
    the court long enough to score 25points and
    collect 20 rebounds, leading the Rockets to a
    10-15 point win over the Trail Blazers.That
    would be great....if Charles doesn't do that
    I at least hope we give the Blazers a competitive game which will be a big confidence boost.GO ROCKETS!!!