1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Mexico City screw job.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 21, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Yea... what a cop out. He knows they should have overturned the 4th down too.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Gotta protect the shield. And there's enough grainy jpegs out there to have reasonable doubt and no need to do anything else but stick to their guns.

4. SuraGotMadHops

Same league that fined a guy for giving a ref a hug.

5. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

I haven't gotten that upset watching a sporting event in years! I don't like to buy into conspiracy theories, but that was so bad and obvious that it's hard to see it as anything BUT rigged.

By the way, everyone's talking about the 3rd and 4th down, but I swear we got the line to gain on 2nd down before all that, but the line judge spotted it 2 yards short. Anybody record the game and can verify that? That would be 3 straight bad spots, a highly questionable measurement and then failing to correct it via review.

I also thought Miller rolling over the defender for first down early in the game was a bad spot and should have been challenged - so much badness!

Junkyard_Dog likes this.
  6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Irrelevant.

Game officials are not to consort with teams (e.g. players, coaches, admins, etc.) before or after contests -- the exception being pregame rules conference(s), roster eligibility issues, equipment/safety inspections, and post game protests.

This holds true for sanctioned contests at both amateur and professional levels.

Yes, I am a certified UIL official.

Rodman23 and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. AkeemOlaDROwon

You're just as blind as the refs. We could have overcome those horrible calls but to say they didn't have an impact on the game is completely wrong and laughable. Refs have impact on the outcome of EVERY game. If they didn't then we wouldn't need them that is why their job is so important and under a microscope. This is a game of inches so every call can impact a game.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

That game was RIGGED to the max Mexico City laser light show style

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

If I'm Bob McNair, I am irate. Officials need to be called out, and I am refusing to play in Mexico City again. Or any foreign game for that matter. Absurd.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This game probably cost McNair at least one more playoff home game or a bye. That's some serious money Texans will lose from parking and concessions.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Man, I'm still pissed. 2 days later. I've never been this upset watching anything and I'm a Houston sports fan for Jeebus sake.

Usually, only a prostitute would ask for compensation after a ****ing like that. But...my goodness, the Houston fans and team are owed something for this travesty. The logistical nightmare, the fans, the refs...terrible. like, compensatory picks. I don't want refs to **** up other games now just to balance out the drubbings, I want something that every other team wants. Extra picks, extra players.

I mean honestly, we're going to bring lasers to the next home game right? They can't kick 1,000 of us out. Any retaliation against us as fans would further the separation they've created with this.

Pen15clubber and Two Sandwiches like this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't know. Everything I have read and heard says it was an evenly reffed game and the result was fair. Only losers blame the refs for their inadequacies.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't you be in some kickball thread talking about that sport? I mean you've made it clear that you know nothing at all about real football, why keep embarrassing yourself?

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

I also wondered about the Duane Brown play where he got hurt if that was illegal

17. SuraGotMadHops

Ummmm yeah...pretty sure the opposite of what you just said is true. The entire country has been talking about the Texans getting screwed. It was the top story on PTI yesterday and Wilbon and Tony both agreed the refs directly cost the Texans the game - Wilbon even dropped the word "rigged."

You should follow what your signature says and "say no to trolling" yourself.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We learned that Brock is actually better when he's blind

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I knew Mexico was going to be a different experience for the players than London, but this was outrageous. Between the lasers, the field conditions, altitude, and the fact that the league basically paraded us out there like bulls being led to a slaughter, this entire thing was a complete charade and travesty. If Bob McNair wasn't on the phone with Roger Goodell first thing Tuesday morning, then I don't even know what to say anymore. Somebody should be held accountable for what happened, starting with that dickbag ref on the near sideline.....

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We talk about the lasers but let's also not forget about the damn paper airplanes that kept landing on the field. Seriously, this needs to be the last NFL game in a 3rd world country.