1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Mental Approach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Feb 7, 2009.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Mental Roles:

It's pretty obvious what the roles of the Houston Rockets need to be, but what mental role should each player embrace? It seems like they are all in a psychological funk from this injury bug hitting and from the losses to teams they thought to be below them. Perhaps now they'll take each game serious like they did last year without Yao Ming to save them.

The team mentality should be as it was last year: play every game as though we don't have Yao (remember to pass to him though). Force yourself to use every one of your skills to step up. It's time, with or without any of the "big three" performing well.

I remember when Rafer stepped up it was after Yao told him he was going to have to step up his game now that he was out... I think this is the kind of tooth-and-nail, clawing-to-the-finish mentality they need to achieve in order to start winning strong again. There is no excuse for them to not have this attitude after the way they've been playing.

I know I'm not there every night to see the exact attitude right now but I know it's now the same just by watching them on court. I just don't see the same intensity as last year and that's why we're losing to the grizzlies. Where do you guys think the team mentality should be at right now?

2. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

yeah mental probs

3. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

yeah but the mental problem have to be solve by the coach and the assistan coaches

we don't have coaching staff