1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Manimal Kenneth Faried Being shopped

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Gary Harris is out for about 6-8 weeks just FYI

awc713 likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Exactly. He's lesser.

3. mightybosstone

Faried is a better defender than Capela? That's news to me. And Faried's supposed edge on the glass is overrated as well. He boasts a career 18.1% TRB% compared to 18.7% for Capela. I actually think that Faried would be a great fit on this team, but to say he'd be better than Clint because he's somehow clearly a better rebounder and defender is just plain inaccurate.

4. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

A Faried and Harden pick and roll would be lethal

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

6. mockster

mockster Member

Latest rumors are that timberwolves are looking at him

7. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

Manimal Abuse!

8. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

"Montrezl is a bad rebounder"
    If yall actually knew how to observe, he BOXES OUT and sets up his teammates for boards. Trez hasn't gotten a chance and he's already being labeled.

BigggReddd likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We could team him up with ty Lawson !!

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

We already have Faried...

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I stress this too much on this forum, Mr. Somebody I Totally Don't Know

Everybody has a calculator in their crotch that buzzes every time I suggest Montrezl is a team player. There isn't an analytic for boxing out, morons. It's something that seems to be a valuable skill in todays NBA even though it's one of the first things you teach your 5th grade AAU players how to do

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

You posted like Harrell would give you some of the same as what Faried does. I say you can't say that if one's player strength is the other player's big weakness. Harrell is not a substitute for Faried.

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Every person out there isn't entitled to minutes. How about he go out there and earn more minutes in the small time he gets?

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta hold onto Clint and build his confidence. He is the only talent on our team that can get us a top tier talent to pair with James.

15. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

He would be a terrible fit here. D'Antoni wants his bigs to be at the very least good enough passers and have a solid mid range game. He is a terrible fit. The only thing he might do well is finish off Hardens sublime Pick and roll passes rolling to the basket

#55 ricardo1979, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Faried is not moving the needle anyway. He will just continue our window of mediocrity. We already have lesser and equal Faried's in our roster. Pass.

We need to target players who will make us bonafide contenders like the 21st century Magic Johnson aka Ricky Rubio

17. hakeemthagreat

Thank you

But you shouldn't have had to post this because it should already be obvious. DMo is put on a imaginary pedestal he doesn't really deserve. There aren't any GM's in the NBA that would choose DMO over Kenneth Faried. Some of you may be related to DMo

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't see how he would be a bad fit because he is basically Clint Capella at the PF position, IE a dirty work guy who isn't going to really demand the ball or require post ups.

This team was 30th and 28th the last two years in rebounding, and Kenneth Faried is a top notch rebounder. While he is not an ideal pair alongside Capella, he would work just fine with Nene or Anderson.

And no, just because Harrell plays the same position and looks like Faried, doesn't mean he is anywhere near as effective. Whoever is saying that needs to stop.

19. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Faried would be an upgrade over any bench PF the Rockets currently have. That being said, I doubt he would accept anything less than a starting position and I really doubt he would start over Capela. Maybe if the Rockets were surefire championship contenders, he would be more receptive to a 6th man role.

What worries me is that Faried is essentially the same player as when he was a rookie 5 years ago. As a prospect, Faried was a high energy, unpolished player with a right hook shot and no jumper. Today he's the exact same player.

There's no doubt Faried is still going to be productive. With his motor, he'll find a way. There's definitely room for guys that dont need plays to be productive, crash offensive boards, and run in transition. However, you'd like to see some development in his game, especially as he gets older and the energy and athleticism start to fade.

This would be easier to stomach if Faried was a good defender. He's probably average (maybe mediocre) at best though. His biggest knock coming out of college is he's too small to defend the post, and playing in a zone didnt allow for accurate evaluation of perimeter defense and close out situations. Today he can't defend the post, and he gets killed by stretch 4's and PnR. I think given his high energy and athleticism, he SHOULD be a better perimeter defender, but it hasn't really materialized.

At 26, there's definitely time for growth and improvement, but its kinda frustrating to see a guy with the "untapped potential" label play for 5 years with little indication of development. Keep in mind you'd be paying ~$15 million for him.

Little Bit and malakas like this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol Harrell is the new Dmo when it comes to the "excellent box out skill" but weak rebounding.

oakdogg likes this.