1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Manimal Kenneth Faried Being shopped

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 6, 2016.

1. mockster

mockster Member

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1120613-report-nuggets-continue-to-shop-faried

Kenneth Faried is being shopped for 3 years now, he doesn't exactly fit into our three point party offense but the guy is an energizer bunny we could've used at times. He's a work horse and does all the little things others won't. He's also got an underrated mid range shot. Obviously with Anderson he would have to come off the bench or could play small ball at the C

Would love to have this guy.

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He has been shopped for 3 years now - that's not a promising sign. Either there is something very wrong with manimmal or the Denver asking price is just too high. I don't think the Rockets want any part of either scenario and apparently neither do other teams.

malakas likes this.
  3. Mr. Motiejunas

Rather have him playing than Capela. That said, don't really think his game would push too much to the next level.

4. mockster

mockster Member

Nah he's not like a superstar but the guy is physical and plays good D. He defiantly would be great Defensive anchor against warriors cavs n etc

He legit doesn't stop

5. awc713

awc713 Member

Faried has peaked, and I'm not sure where HOU fits his minutes, but we could surely use his boards and energy. I doubt DEN sells low on him. I'm curious what type of offer would be needed to make a deal happen. DEN underratedly has a lot of strong pieces, I think they're a sleeper to surprise fans this year, and potentially grab a lower seed.

Very deep, well rounded squad:

C: Nurkik, Jokic
    PF: Faried, Lavergne
    SF: Gallo, Chandler
    SG: Harris, Barton
    PG: Mudiay, Nelson

PLUS (3) very good first round selections in Jamaal Murray (SG), Juan Hernangomez, and Malik Beasley.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Capela, Bev and Brew for Faried and Jameer Nelson, who says no? :cool:

7. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

eh..

I don't see how he fits in our system but I thought the same thing about K.J. and that seems to be going well so far.

mkahanek likes this.
  8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Farried is Denver's Carl Landry - decent player especially early in his career but the type of guy who's game falls off sharply as he ages.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  9. craguin

craguin Member

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Doubt he'll fit here.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

12. mockster

mockster Member

Well with that logic that means anyone who can't hit a 3 doesn't fit in. Meaning Capele or nene doesn't fit either

To me Faried is a type of player that fits in anywhere. He's the garbage man and a workaholic even if he's not directly involved in the offense he's doing work else where. Like a way more athletic skilled chuck hayes

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Get right of Dwight so we can add Faried's garbage offense instead? I'd rather keep Harrell

crimsonghost likes this.
  14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No thanks

I enjoy watching Kenneth play, he is fun to watch (I go to 15-20 Nuggets games a season), but he is one of the most overpaid players in the NBA. He is a good energy guy and rebounder, but he cannot shoot and isn't a good defender. He doesn't do anything Montrezl doesn't do. He is ideally an energy guy off the bench or a PF next to a 2-way superstar Center.

heypartner and dreamshakin like this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

SnT for Dmo.

Like Faried quite a bit.

16. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

Right but they are centers in this system. I don't see Faried being anything but a forward and in my opinion the forward needs to be able to hit shots away from the basket to open up the floor.

17. malakas

malakas Member

The price is too high.
    Not only by the fact that he hasn't been traded yet but just from how the Denver FO operates. They don't sell low if possible even if pressured.

Also Faried from multiple sources is a low key malconent. He believes himself to be a star and if not treated and respected as such by the team he creates problems.

Nook likes this.
  18. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Denver is probably asking for a lot in return, so i wouldn't want us to pursue a trade. I think we're better off looking for more 3 point shooters in this uptempo offense.

CCapps likes this.
  19. hakeemthagreat

Lmao@ppl saying he wouldn't fit here. Faried is the PERFECT fit here. He rebounds, plays d and runs the floor better than just about any PF in the NBA. He doesn't have a post game, but he can step out and hit that midrange shot pretty well too. He's also nasty in the pick & roll. The Rockets would be a great opportunity for him to become a borderline allstar again

20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Given some of the alleged offers Denver has rejected for him over the last few years, pass. Price will be too high for a guy who hasn't ever really established himself as the monster he was projecting to be early on in his career.

CCapps likes this.