1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The kid definitely has a good feel for the game. I think the only thing that will hold him back is his shot. If he can build a 35% 3 point shot, his floor will be John Wall.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Shooting efficiency and turnovers.
    That should be 1,000% what he focuses on every day. After that he's good.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am not a hater, but that floor projection is quite high. He does not have Wall's speed or shot at this point and the competition is about to get very stiff. I would say if he develops his shot, his floor may be Elfrid payton, ceiling John Wall/Dame Lillard.

Yaosthirdleg and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess I'm the only one still not ready to roll out the red carpet here. Why is he playing so much in Summerleague lmao...

I'll just wait till pre-season. Summerleague talent is SLIGHTLY better than college, many of these guys are playing for spots in the Gleague...I mean really, I'll just wait until he's playing up against actual NBA talent.

He can pass at an elite level, i'll give him that...

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

ROY usually comes out from crappy teams because these teams have more opportunities for rookies to shine.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

So basically Lonzo, Dennis Smith, De'Aaron, Josh J and possibly Mitchell and Fultz(both on teams maybe ending up in the bottom half of their conference playoff race).
    I guess we can expect that Tatum will have a tough time winning it and getting his numbers especially with the Gordon Hayward signing, Jaylen Brown's emergence and IT possibly having a similar year as last year.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

His release may be the fastest, but his set-up is very slow and awkward. And btw, you just have to pay sports science & they would make a video for you. You can choose of fast ball release or amazing reaction, or something else..everything has a price tag..

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

To be fair, that SportScience video did show that his fugly form leads to wide swings in variance on rushed shots, which I imagine there will be a lot of at the highest level. Basically, if he's wide open, he'll be ok, but otherwise he's in trouble.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

His shot may be ugly and I'd never teach my kids to shoot that way, but it's not slow. He can actually pull up and shoot and frequently does. I don't think he'll keep up his accuracy in the league, but he pulled up from way beyond the three point line in college which wouldn't happen if his shot was both slow and awkward.

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

I'm talking about his legs. He's usually not set properly..

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  11. AFS

AFS Member

I agree. He'll be a good shooter in this league. It might take him a couple of seasons to adjust to the longer three point line, though, which I think is why he's struggling in summer league.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Papi Le Batard on Highly Questionable today: 'He had 5 steals on 2 blocks while wearing The Running Beard's shoes? That's the most defense those shoes have ever played! Are you kidding me!' :D

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

As a pass-first playmaker, being able to hit wide open shots consistently is all he needs to keep the defense honest. I don't think he will be a high volume scorer like Harden and Curry. If he can be like a Rondo with a better shot, then he'll be a very good NBA player.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

Defensively he would never be any close to Rondo tho..

15. IBTL

IBTL Member

Listening to LA radio they are already jocking him after a triple double in summer league.

how 'he has progressed in the 3 games'
    they are already talking about when lebron joins paul george to all play with him.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. munco

munco Member

he is amazing when running the break but in a half court set i still have my doubts. his passing ability is off the charts though

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Never say never. But I agree it's very unlikely.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member

Pretty clear trolling by ball.

He will start dropping nazi salutes like tila tequila did once people forgot about her.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I don't think Lavar put that out. Looks like the creation of whoever tweeted it.