1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The line up that will turn the rocks to an ass kicking contender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Onepaks, Apr 25, 2000.

1. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

The Bucks are looking to trade Glenn Robinson for a decent inside presence and a couple of first rounders because Tim Thomas want to start and they dont have money to sign him and Cassel want to renegotiate his contract. I say buyout Hakeems contract and do a Robinson/E. Johnson for Cato, Williams, Thomas, Drew, magic and pistons pick. Then after this we draft Ethan Thomas and re sign Mobley. I think Etha will still be available at the time we pick

C- Johnson/Pig
    Pf- E. Thomas/T. mass
    Sf- Robinson/Bullard
    Sg- Anderson/Mobley
    Pg- Francis/Norris

or

Buyout hakeem contract and do a sign and trade for Duncan for Cato, Williams, Drew, Thomas and magic/pistons pick. Then pick J. Pryzabilla

C- Pryzabilla/Pig
    Pf- Duncan/T.Mass
    Sf- Rogers/Bullard
    Sg- Anderson/Mobley
    Pg- Francis/Norris

If Pryzabilla is not available put Duncan at center and draft E. Thomas

C- Duncan/Pig
    Pf- E. Thomas/T.Mass
    Sf- Rogers/Bullard
    Sg- Anderson/Mobley
    Pg- Francis/Norris

Which is Better?

I think line-up no. 2

------------------

2. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

If Milwalkee is shopping Robinson, I would definately look to participate. He is an excellent offensive and rebounding SF, and we can have Shandon play take the quicker offensive minded 3s that we might face. He is also 27 (some good years left but not young) so I wouldn't be inclined to trade the farm for him like I might for McGrady or Abdur-Rahim though.

If it was an offer based on the core of Walt, Cato + swapping first rounders I would have to consider it. I doubt Milwalkee would, but stranger things have happened.

------------------

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not in a hurry to trade Cato, unless we're sure we're getting a solid big man in return. A tenacious rebounder/post threat down low. Of course, if an oppurtunity at Reef (I sure have been on his side lately, hehe) who's 24 years old, and is already averaging 20 ppg, and 10 rpg, and has a complete game, I'd have to think hard NOT to do it.

Etan Thomas/TMass at PF? Yikes.

What I'm saying, is that odds of Duncan signing a 1 year contract, then wanting to sign here the next year, are not high. Dream is almost gone, and I don't want to be left with a front court in shambles-like it was this year.

Anyone care to join in my Olumide Oyededji bandwagon?

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

4. popeye

popeye Member

T.Mass??????????????? T.Mass???????????????

Is anybody out there NOT on drugs?????????????

------------------
    "Let me get this straight .... we pay him $4.5 million dollars a year to play 82 games right? And, the other guy we pay $6 or $7 Million a year to stop the other team from scoring and maybe to score once in a while too!" ......... Popeye's darling sweetpea attempting to figure out WizBang and CaveInTo's role on the Rockets.

5. D.R.E.A.M

D.R.E.A.M Member

now why in the world would we want Glenn Robinson?? AND for all those players?? isn't Robinson a guard? he doesn't even play good D at all. Shandon Anderson's starting spot would be stolen, Mobley definately will be gone. i certainly wouldnt make this deal!

------------------
    Dream's Team!

6. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

Why would anyone who watched any Rockets games this year even consider TMass in their potential line up for next year. He was a no show FOR THE SAEASON! Now, there is a lot of concern at the PF position, and a lot of arguing over Kenny and Carlos, etc. But the guy from "My Left Foot" would have contributed more to the team this past year than TMass.

------------------
    Pig Miller was in "Space Jam"

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Popeye, your sig hurts my eyes. Dont make me breakout an eyepoping sig!

I dont think Glenn Robinson is the way to go.

My Physics teacher was wrong. TMass is dead weight.(hahaHAHAHA, I made a funny!)

Not sure if the ROckets could get Duncan for those players. Maybe his bum knee. Will there be an auction For Duncan's messed up ligaments on EBAY? I want a 7 footers knee. I will mount it on the hood of my car. OH YEAH!

Need some more kick assing threads though.

------------------
    Save
    Our
    Wizard

Step up and shoot it!

8. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Glen Robinson isn't any more of guard than Kenny Thomas is a guard, in fact Robinson is a rather strong, good rebounding and very offensively skilled small forward. Like I said he wouldn't be the first guy I would target, but if there is a fire sale I would look into acquiring him. It could create a problem with Mobley (if he signs with us, which is a high probability but no guarantee), but we could give all the back up 1 & 2 minutes to him and have Shandon play the back-up 3 (maybe creating 30-35 minutes for Mobes). If you can get a player of Glen Robinson caliber basicallly for Walt + Cato (or KT) + switching picks, you do it, and then figure out what to do down the line.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited April 26, 2000).]