1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Jump] Adam Silver: China requested Daryl Morey's firing; We said "No Chance"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I saw a TV report a few weeks ago about legal wet markets in New York. It was done mostly from the animal rights POV. But yeah, the US has them too.

And yeah, sorry. I don't want to get too political too.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was only addressing your statement that children have only mild or no symptoms.

That is flat out wrong.

Covid-19 threatens all ages. Even healthy people are at risk.

People with underlying conditions, no matter age, color, gender, etc. are at greater risk of course.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This poster is not known for researching topics he’s talking about
    Usually basketball

D-rock likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

#204 J.R., Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Trump-style publicity stunt from a POS. Martha Blackburn also:
    1. Was a sponsor for the birther bill in 2009.
    2. Rejects evolution.
    3. Rejects climate change.
    4. Voted to repeal don't ask, don't tell.
    5. Argues that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 doesn't protect individuals due to sexual orientation or gender identity.
    6. Nominated Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nothing partisan in that letter that could see. And I voted Democrat on 2016.

pantherheat1022, Sajan and oelman44 like this.
  7. s3ts

s3ts Member

The Chinese gov't, if you're woke, should be your biggest enemy.

The left has failed the progressives on criticizing China for the crazy **** they do. Through investments alone, they've taken over vast amounts of Hollywood propaganda machine.

If you haven't noticed, China executes more people per capita than any country in the world -- and those are only the ones we know of since the gov't doesn't make the data public.

The Chinese gov't does not allow gay marriage. The Chinese gov't banned religion. The Chinese gov't does not allow you to own anything, you're only allowed to lease even land for 99 years since the government officially owns it.

**** the Chinese gov't and all the shitty things it does, I hope one day it comes crashing down and liberates the people so they can do whatever the **** they want.

8. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

I was definitely expecting something bigger in the final part (covid, HK, etc.) - but she asked about connection with alibaba and training center in Xinjiang, really?

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It would be easy enough to check all those people for antibodies, and why wouldn’t they want to be? What’s the point in hiding it? I don’t buy the story either.

Why don’t you take that to D&D, where it’s supposed to be? I’d be glad to give my opinion there. Start a thread. No one will bite you. ;-)

D-rock likes this.
  10. Doctor Robert

EVERY INDUSTRY IN THE UNITED STATES sells products in China. EVERY PERSON IN THE UNITED STATES purchases products manufactured in China. Yet Marsha Blackburn singles out the NBA at a time they are attempting to get their season going again, and give the US something we can actually enjoy in this dark time. I would like to personally thank her for s***ing on this moment in time... which was already a steaming pile of s***. Basically she is squeezing one out on top of a much bigger pile that is 2020.

Why would she single out the NBA? The NBA management and players have been more progressive and outspoken on race issues than any other league, and hold tremendous power with the public in that realm. This is a wedge that she is using with her racist voting base. Do you not recall Laura Ingram telling Lebron James to "Shut up and dribble" because he criticized the president? Trump took 60% of the popular vote in Tennessee, so don't kid yourself that an attack on the NBA in Tennessee will be well-received by many there.

If she wanted to make a statement about China or she wanted to encourage change in China, she might consider doing it through foreign policy, and not BS with the NBA. That's a spineless and pathetic move. If anything, the NBA is a high profile industry that is likely having positive impacts in China with regard to international relations rather than negative.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Doctor Robert

I agree, but I had to address here. I'm done with my rant.

tinman likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, I enjoyed reading your “rant.” I wish you’d post down there. The Basement (it’s what I like to call it sometimes) could use more participation. A discussion about politics and the NBA would be a good topic to talk about. A lot of people would share you opinion, believe it or not.

tinman likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yikes, did not mean to open that toilet seat.

And FYI, not a fan of Blackburn either.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah Trump and the right definitely NEVER DEALS with the Chinese

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

Not very clear what point you're making.

16. vlaurelio

The whole US is in business with the chinese

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

The global economy is in business w/ the Chinese. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that the Chinese gov't is pure evil.

18. vlaurelio

yeah its pure evil water is wet. do you buy things from walmart or amazon? do you use tiktok or zoom?

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

Obviously no. I honestly have no idea where you're going, after 3 posts of 4 sentences. Why don't you just come out and state your assumptions.

Water is wet is a terrible analogy. People have no clue how evil of a gov't the PRC is. It's to the point where I've seen many people on the fascist left praise and defend the Chinese gov't and absolutely nobody refutes them.

Sajan and tinman like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Woke only means to be alert to injustice not that you turn activist for the sake of turning activist.

But if you have enough free time on your hand, do whatever you want.