1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jet - X-Factor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TracywtFacy, Nov 6, 2014.

1. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Great work again from Terry. Always used to kill us with daggers, now he's doing it for us.

Anyone else think he will be even more important to this team when the playoffs come? Hitting clutch shots and providing the crucial veteran leadership that's so important in the finals?

2. joxford

joxford Member

If he is still on the team come playoff time, he will absolutely be huge.

3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Some have suggested he'll be used as trade bait. I think we'd be crazy to do that. We don't have enough depth currently and the Jet is an experienced campaigner that will serve us well come the finals.
    In terms of good performances from the bench, he's been about the only one consistent enough to date IMO.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's been so solid I almost am overthinking things and hoping he isn't traded.

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I wish he were 31 and not 37 a lot of our needs would e filled but he is still great for a 37 year old.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

In a Rockets jersey he's Terry, not Jet.

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

fixed

8. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

so we getting ray ray or what?

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Another "if the playoffs started today" thread. :rolleyes:

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Don't know about x-factor. I think T-Jones is the x-factor since he plays started minutes. Trading him wouldnt be a good idea, IMO. Brings veteran leadership that was sorely missed last season and knows his role. I think he'd be great for the young guys we have on this team.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I honestly think adding two veterans with rings in Terry and Ariza has been hugely beneficial for this team.

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I love what he is bringing to this team. Way more than shooting as he just gets the game with in his veteran years. He is always making the right pass, right play, poking the ball, anything it takes to win.

He and Pap just understand ball movement. It's beautiful and refreshing to see. Terry is slowly becoming a favorite, in my opinion.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'll NEVER like Jason Terry.

That being said, as long as he is a Rocket, dude has been balling and I appreciate it. Too bad he'll never wash the Dallas stink off of him.

14. Asian Sensation

Get over it. He's ours now. PS I couldn't stand him when he was a Mav either.

The last time we had a JET we won a Championship.

15. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

JET being a ROCKET makes too much sense.. now he can be the rocket's killer instead of the rocket killer

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Silly. It's all about the team.

17. kemah

kemah Member

I like him and think Morey did a great job getting him. He is old though and will probably need rest and recuperation at times. I was hoping to get near 15 MPG ave of quality play and if we get that he is worth having. Lets not push him too hard. This is where I like Garcia sitting on the bench just in case.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't forget we got Barkley after all that mess he talked about us

19. Hwon

Hwon Member

Well given his age, the remainder on his contract, and the number of guards they were looking at he was definitely signed as a future trade option for solidifying depth at other positions if necessary.

This is Morey after all. He is always thinking trades.

20. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Terry has been a steal and he is the real jet. I don't recall Kenny being called jet during his playing days. I may be wrong though