1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jayson Braddock Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Houstunna, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You guys realize this guy advocated trading either Clowney or Watt for Garoppolo, right?? And then he had the audacity to say that Garoppolo's and Watt's injury history is about the same, since they've missed around the same number of games total in their career......

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

At this point, Lance is the only person that I'd say that I really enjoy listening to. Everyone else is just tolerated. 790 is getting less and less play from me.

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Someone accused him of not talking any sports and he got all uppity - said he talks as much sports as anyone else.
    All I hear is self agrandisement.
    Laughable.
    I switch as soon as the bullshyt starts.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Hey y'all, with my new job I've been listening to a lot of sports radio. Not much else to do. Can someone explain to me why everyone hates innes so much? I don't know the background but the dude takes up prime airtime to get people to call in and say F Nielson? What does that even mean? Alain Jason Braddock is the guy who sounds like a black dude but is a white dude or is that someone else?

Thanks in advance @Bobbythegreat i know you know the answer to some of these

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the reason people hate him is that he's not funny, he knows nothing about sports, the race related nonsense......I mean, there's just nothing good about him. As to what he's doing on 790, I couldn't tell you since I haven't tuned in, but if he's getting people to say "F*** Nielsen" it's probably because his ratings are always trash and he probably blames the company that does the ratings as opposed to blaming himself for being terrible at his job. Also, it could just be more of him doing his best to pull off the "shock jock" shtick, who knows.

As to his history, he was initially in Houston on 610 and that's the last time I heard him, he was then run out of town after a few years and he turned up in Philly.....where he then got run out of that town after a few years (in part due to poor ratings and in part due to the racist bits he'd do on the show along with calling Jason Kelce a "house negro" and retweeting blackface photos), and now apparently he's back. I'm hoping it won't be a long stay because the guy is just toxic everywhere he goes.

As to Braddock, yeah he's the white guy that sounds like a black guy. When it comes to his sports related stuff, sometimes he's spot on and even brings some insider info from time to time......then other times he's completely wrong and just spewing hot takes. I can't really hate on that though, because that's just how it's going to be when you talk enough sports. Hell even I've been spectacularly wrong in the past if anyone can imagine that kind of crazy thing. It happens. On the whole, I'd say that what Braddock has to say is absolutely worth listening to (which is why I follow him on Twitter because I don't listen to him on the radio) but it's not like what he says is certain to be good information or good analysis so you still have to think for yourself.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Following him on twitter is the way to go. More information and less talk radio stuff.

7. Band Geek Mobster

Lance is the only one on 790 that I'm actually interested in. The Death Knell for 790 will be the moment he leaves.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Respect all's opinions. Hopefully all local stations thrive... the more competition the better. 790 is in good position being the broadcast homes of the Rockets, Astros, and Longhorns.

craigharmann likes this.