1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Illusionists @ Jones Hall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Nero

Nero Member

http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-illusionists-conjure-up-a-night-of-world-class-magic-7486744

Saw this last night, and it was ASTOUNDING. If you are looking for something really great and fun to do this weekend, this show is running through Saturday, so you will need to act fast.

This was as slick a production as you will ever see, and the performers were all amazing - there were representations of all sorts of magic acts, from the 'Chris Angel-type Shocky Guy' (he was hilarious and great), to a glittering flamer channeling Robin Williams, to a folksy Inventor type guy (who would have ended up being the Wizard of Oz if he had ever happened to fly there in a balloon during a tornado). A Houdini 'escapologist', an MC-type card and illusion guy - 'The Futurist' (although I am not quite sure what that meant other than the fact that he incorporated large video screens into a part of his act), and a non-speaking guy (Russian?) who did a pretty cool bit with a couple from the audience.

To me though, the most amazing was the Korean guy, Yu Ho Jin (already a World Champion at this stuff, they say) and still just a young kid in his early 20's, and what he did with cards and small objects, it was pure art, you have to see it to understand.

It was really funny and fun, and if you have kids, take them! They will love it!

Just wanted to pass this along, I don't know what I was expecting from this show, but it blew me away.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Just got my tix