1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Texans and Respect

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

In 2009 i got in as a season ticket holder without any waiting list...the wait list is actually a product of the fact that this team has won the division a few times in the past few years.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And the fact that it's always sold out is due to being in one of the largest metro areas in the country. It's not hard at all to find 72,220 people to pay to see an NFL game when you have a population of over 6 million. I mean if just over 1% of the area is a fan, you're golden. That's not a sign of true support.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A sold out stadium doesn't mean better fans. Not all fans have the money to spend on parking and tickets. Some people go just to party and have a good time, but aren't necessarily even great fans. When military bases are near stadiums you will see more people there in opposition as well. Some corporations buy up tickets for business and those people sitting in those seats aren't better fans. Not everyone in the stadiums is for the home team either. They are just people having fun while wining and dining. Fans also support the team by buying NFL gear, etc..

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

This thread seems so long ago lol

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

"We just beat the lowly Jaguars! Why is there no respect?! :mad:"

:D

6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Texans suck from top to bottom.
    No respect needed

7. Summer Song Giver

None given

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Where are all the idiots who called skeptical people like us "bad fans" just because we were right about the team? This is a mediocre team, probably the worst 6-3 team ever.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

You just had to post this thread...

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're still a bad fan. You hoped for the worst and so far bad things have happened. Congratulations.

11. Buck Turgidson

I respect that post though.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nope, I never hoped for the worst. I hoped to be proven wrong but knew that I was likely right. You on the other hand were not only wrong but you also insulted people that disagreed with you.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not yet wrong, and the people I "insulted" by pointing out that they were bad fans are bad fans. It's okay, I wouldn't expect you to get it.

14. Nook

Nook Member

You obviously have not been a Texans fan long.

Expecting the owner of the organization to be driven to win and hold his front office and coaching staff accountable is not being a bad fan.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Child please. I was a Texans fan day one. I was an Oilers fan before that. If you were, then you'd know what truly awful organizations look like, and you wouldn't be whining so much now simply because the results haven't been as good as you wanted them to be.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Right, so because the Oilers choked, we should be happy with the direction of the Texans? No, not buying that..... I love the Texans, however I am objective enough to know that McNair sucks, the front office is mediocre and the coaching staff is forgettable.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Oilers did more than just choked, they were a terrible organization. Anyway, I'll let you carry on with your temper tantrum, I'm sure when the weather changes you'll change your tone. It's just how Houston fans are unfortunately.

18. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

put me on the boat of knowing the Texans were mediocre at best but hoping and wishing they prove me wrong.

19. Buck Turgidson

Say what you want about Ladd Herzeg, but the guy built a great team.

20. MystikArkitect

Raiders and 49ers would disagree with you. Raiders can't fill their stadium and they're one of the best teams in the AFC. Houston just has a hard on for real perfessional fertball with good ole boy Cushing and Watt.

This is the first season I haven't watched a game. Have followed the Coogs, Stros and Rockets and feel like they deserve the follow. Teams that actually care about their fans.