1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The future of the EU and the UK, post-Brexit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Dec 4, 2016.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

please let's respect that this is a bball site. accordingly, "a shumpert brick" would have been the more appropriate reply

but we have plenty of much smaller countries with thriving economies and exports. just off the uk's numerous ex-colonies alone i think they would show growth in free trade. till now they've been dragged down by the threat of any of 27 other members being able to veto any trade deal in their favor. till now the onerous eu regulations have been highly prohibitive for small businesses who can't afford to comply. as far as importing ambitious young people, those people are going to flock to where they can be successful. the eu is a ******* sinking ship lol, so london still looks more attractive :D

it would be an adjustment and transition and not ideal, but still preferable to remaining under brussels' thumb. in any case as i've posted earlier, i don't see it happening anyways. once the question of brexit was handed over to their parliament it was dead in the water

2. malakas

malakas Member

So what that you have participated in WEF if what you post show a complete lack of understanding of how the EU works?

The UK government itself went to Brussels and asked for an extension. The government is formed by the parliament which is democratically and lawfully elected and they represent the will of the british electorate.

And you posted that the EU obligated the UK to get an extension?
    And also the EU obligated Greece to overturn the referendum result?

Wrong these are the deeds and choices of their democratically elected governments not some kind of EU dictatorship.

3. malakas

malakas Member

LOL sure they will still flock there when the city of London from offering services to a market of 450 millions will now offer services to only 60 million. :D:D:D

Strange for someone so educated to say that. You don't know that ANY agreement with the EU will NOT include services under any circumstances anymore? Only trade of goods.
    And I hope at least you know that London's economy is largely based on services.

It sure has worked so well so far with so many banks and shipping companies moving away due to Brexit. Most to Amsterdam and Frankfurt.

Thank you Britain!

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

my understanding stems from actual discussion w/ actual players involved. you clearly believe the 'news' fed to the public. but calling people uneducated and fools here is a bit much. perhaps control your emotions here a little better?

5. malakas

malakas Member

Oh yea so many free trade deals free from approval...
    Now they won't have to be a ruletaker from EU but a rule taker from the USA. :rolleyes: At least with the EU they had a vote, a loby and a saying but now not.
    Great improvement.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

goldman sachs, the financial services company which FUKED your country, is based in NYC. HSBC, the largest bank in europe, is based in london and will still continue to do business throughout europe brexit or not.

7. malakas

malakas Member

I am honored that you can give me some inside arcane knowledge that goes against all the laws, consitutions and reality.
    If the UK didn't want an extension, their government had the RIGHT to not ask for an extension same as they were given the right to leave the union.
    But thanx to you now I know that this isn't right.

How could these mad dictators who decide for everyone, allow then a Brexit?

8. malakas

malakas Member

That's why most banks have moved their headquarters in Amsterdam? UK based companies will NOT be allowed free services anymore.

HSBC has moved headquarters to Paris already from last year because of Brexit.

https://www.france24.com/en/2018080...aris-brexit-european-passports-city-london-eu

The BBC itself will have to move a big part of their operations in the EU.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

a 4min read of the brexit deal may has been repeatedly pushing is more than sufficient to realize which entity she represents

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

false. this is moving units that service other parts of europe, not the headquarters

11. malakas

malakas Member

Yes she is representing the companies who want to avoid the new anti tax evation laws that the EU is about to pass.
    That's why she put so many red lines herself.

If you believe a deal would ever be possible with a closed border in Nothern Ireland please spend some time reading on the Good Friday Agreement.
    A UN treaty the UK signed 20 years ago and are thinking to break endangering PEACE and bringing back terrorism and violence.

The EU already offered the UK of a border over the Irish sea to keep the treaty but it was May herself who didn't want it and so we have the backstop.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in the case of brexit, the uk will be taking rules from the us. too much saturday ouzo?

13. malakas

malakas Member

Others have moved their whole headquarters.
    So much for thriving without the rule of the EU. Now they have moved part of their business in the EU.
    If we can't shallow the whole thing we will at least get a big part of their business and operations.

Again thanx for the meal UK!

14. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. Do you know that Trump and the american food lobby have ordered the UK to accept the US animal welfare and food security laws if they want to sign a free trade agreement?

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and here appears the source of your emotional outburst on this topic. "we"

my lord, a fervant and proud eu citizen. juncker would be proud in return

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

somehow managed to pivot to trump in the brexit thread as well. bravo

17. malakas

malakas Member

Of course I say we. Why shouldn't I? When you speak about the USA don't you say we? I am a EU citizen?
    In fact out of all the posters in this thread, I am the only one who is affected by Brexit.

That's why I am a fervent Brexit supporter. =) The only reason I am against no deal is because I feel pity and sorry for the brits who will be left without medicine and cancer treatments.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the irish border, is a nice narrative and spoke in the entire wheel of delay and frustrate. may and her handlers spent the past 32 months fuking around by design

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i live in the continental eu and own multiple properties in central london as well

20. malakas

malakas Member

I mean he is the president of the USA. He speaks for the country and is the head of state?
    If I wanted to say germany, I would also say Merkel and the german food lobby...?

What Trump asks the UK to do has nothing to do with his own political agenda it's the way of reality. The UK will always be a rule taker from now on and never a rule maker. The USA is a stonger country and is obligating the UK to adopt their own laws so they sign the free trade agreement.
    They want to be able to sell chicken and beef to them.