1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Front Office is a problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Jan 16, 2019.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I have never been so disenchanted with the front office since Morey became GM.

• Think about the lowballing the front office did with Bzdelik, Ariza and House.
    • Think about targeting Michael Carter-Williams and Carmelo Anthony straight away, while other bargain options were scooped up by other teams.
    • Think about the failure to address the front court as it became apparent even with Capela that their rebounding was subpar.
    • Sitting on the MLE while waiting for the buyout season is a questionable strategy, especially in light of their inability to get an impact buyout player over the last few years.
    I credit them for picking up Clark, House and Rivers, but there are a good 10 losses this year that are on the front office for dicking around. Maybe this is on Tillman Fertita. If so, it doesn't bode well for the future.

Tfor3, SF3isBack!!, IvanLCPM and 34 others like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

They are lucky we have a loyal superstar. Remember Kobe demanding a trade or help?

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden is easily mocked all over the media and internet because he simply keeps quiet.

but he needs to speak up now. what morey and tillman have done this season is so disrespectful to an all-time great's career. he needs to call these guys out in public.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think it's on Tillman .

A good chuck is on MDA

Morey bears responsibility too , but IMO the least out of the 3 .

Melo and MCW didn't work but he has found rivers and house .

I agree Morey needs to stop looking at all these potential guys available at the deadline and in the buyout market and just sign House now ! Cut Melo now and use his spot to sign another guy .

Our roster would be looking a whole lot better with Gordon , CP3 , and Clint .

6. H-Town Rockets Guy

I don't understand why we are not doing anything on the trade market. We are so depleted and its Harden and bunch of role players and majority of them are D-League caliber players. Rockets Owner/GM needs to have a sense of urgency to do something before our season goes in the drain. We have players like Brandon Knight who is either injured or on a minute restriction, Nene is always on minute restrictions. we are extremely lucky to pick up Austin Rivers and Harden playing out of his mind. Otherwise, we would have blown out against most teams.

7. MD_in_Training

It's the owner. The moment Tilman Fertitta bought the Rockets, I knew we were in for it.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I couldn't disagree more. IMO we have the best front office in the NBA, top 5 at worst.

CP3, Beard & company will prove it this year. Daryl Morey will prove it AGAIN this year. Cooler heads will prevail, and this thread will join countless embarrassing threads criticizing our front office. BTW Daryl, Nice find in James Nunnally. Good looking player, House too.

Watch when we have both, plus a few other ballers at the deadline.

Remlap, Vengeance, Game7 and 14 others like this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

LMAO. The Rockets must have lost tonight.

All these complaints without mention of Paul's 160 ?!??

The front office is okay. Worry about health. Rockets are lined up well for another major run this year and Golden State appears its most vulnerable.

RayRay10, lw17, HakeemOnlyFan and 5 others like this.
  10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

What we're seeing from the front office this season is an aberration when compared to seasons past. Morey has always been an astute evaluator of talent and, more importantly, an aggressive dealmaker when given the support from ownership.

This sudden shift in personnel acquisition strategy and roster construction falls squarely on Fertitta. His business record of low-balling vendors and pumping out faux fine dining restaurants should speak for itself. Lipstick on a pig is how I would characterize his ventures.

Sadly, our beloved Houston Rockets are succumbing to the same fate.

#10 Richie_Rich, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    BamBam, LonghornFan, CDrex and 9 others like this.
  11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

And somehow I get blamed for really awful posts... this is far worse than anything I have ever, ever posted... especially since most of the stuff I posted this calendar year has been jokes taken in the wrong way.

hakeem94, RayRay10 and topfive like this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol low balling, Ariza didn't even entertain signing for the Rockets, that has nothing to do with the front office

cbs1507 and topfive like this.
  13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Morey has screwed up left and right so far this year. That coupled with all the injuries (some predictable with Paul and Gordon), the only reason the Rox are still relevant is because Harden is having one of the best seasons ever.

pippendagimp likes this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

because he is paying the most luxury tax the Rockets have ever paid ?

Remlap, lw17 and topfive like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

16. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Moray is that u ?

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Easy to nitpick this and that when you forget that not too long ago our best player was Kevin Martin

Game7 and cbs1507 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

I won’t go as far as OP. I don’t really blame Mprey for Anthony or MCW. Both were minimum deals and were long shots.

However the complete lack of deals to address the depth issue early and the lack of a 4/5 have cost us a lot of games.

I don’t hear much from the TC with TF in charge but things are different. We would not have let these problems fester before.

Reports that we didn’t sign House because of luxury tax concerns. Ariza allowed to walk for luxury tax issues. We pass on several deals to move Knight to protect our picks. There is something going on behind the scenes. All I have heard is that TF will spend for a star (but not role players?) and that Morey wants to hold out for a bigger deal.

Well we are running this team into the ground. Harden is going to wear out.

luckyman76, mikol13, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Co-sign.

20. Mr. Space City

if cp3 took a paycut, they would've have the money to sign house and better players

Remlap, ak99999 and lw17 like this.