1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What part is "allegedly"?

2. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

There are several books, I think.
    Some written from the right, like Lee Smith and Greg Jarrett (Fox News regulars). Those cry foul.

Then you have Anonymous, who says don’t worry the Resistance is working from the inside.

If it’s the latter, I’d say there is a problem. Actually, there IS a problem period. I guess it’s a donor dinner, so the security standard is lower. So maybe not a problem other than that’s a stupid place to make a decision like that. Is it clear that Parnas did or didn’t make the video?

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Let’s just say it now regardless of what happens these next few days in the closing of the shortest trial in human history:

Impeaching this President was the right thing to do, and Trump will not benefit political from an acquittal under the current circumstances.

RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm not sure if they know who made it. Based off the positioning of the camera, I'm sure they're trying to find out.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea. I previously thought trump will get a bump with an acquittal but now I think at best it stays the same as before the trial. With the way this is ending, it leaves open for new witnesses and new information to get attention from MSM and other news sources. Likely something new will come out.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"Allegedly" what? He confirmed what happened in an official memo. He further lied saying she said she was only there to ask questions about Iran (she said she would ask questions about Iran and Ukraine in her request for an interview in writing). And he *implied* she didn't know where Ukraine and Bangladesh were on the map (ignoring her educational background and job experience... they were two places separate by many miles and on different continents).

Nook likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Are you talking about who made the hidden video recording? It was Parnas. His attorney said there are more Trump's recordings and it sounds like he may have released them to the House Intel community.

It's quite amazing that Parnas did this - the recodings.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

9. Two Sandwiches

I missed that. Thanks.

It is quite amazing. Parnas the double agent. He's acting in the interest of the American people, to an extent, while extending corruption in foreign countries, and potentially shaking the grounds of National Security.

Hell, he could even be a double agent for the Democrats. I need to make some popcorn.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I did not think of him as one. I was thinking he has recordings perhaps because he's used to dealing with "criminals" and needs protection for himself.

B-Bob and Two Sandwiches like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This. I don't know much about Parnas but he doesn't seem like someone to act out of principle. The impression I get from him is that he's been burned by Trump and Giuliani so he wants to hurt them back.

Nook likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

SNL Weekend Update last night, paraphrased: so apparently it's easier to take hidden recordings of the POTUS than it is a Dave Chappelle standup set.

joshuaao, RayRay10, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

I agree. I was being a bit flippant in the whole thing.

It's another interesting wrinkle in things though. I think Trump just wants his whole life to be reality TV. Funny how this ties into that.

Amiga likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's true though. Any GOP senator that votes to remove him will be as good as gone. Not just gone, but they will face a mob of angry nutty cult Trump followers that will hunt them down. Is anyone actually questioning the truth of that? Maybe that's why it is a tough pillow for these senators to swallow - they know it true and it hurts that they have to choose between doing the right thing and the wrong but career-saving thing.

16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I saw an interview where Rudy said he's godfather to one of Lev's children. I don't know who the blonde is that is on Lev's right arm, but yummeeee.

So if Lev and Rudy became tight and Lev still felt he needed to CYA by filming and keep notes, etc... It really seems like he may be tied to either Russia or Ukraine and playing a long game. Either way, it's disturbing that he had that much access/influence over Rudy/Trump and now is influencing our politics. I think the guy needs to be ignored and then jailed on what he's being charged with, assuming he's guilty. Don't play into whatever foreign State he is doing this for. The impeachment is close to being over and the election is soon. Time to find out Lev's full story and charge him as a spy if that's the case. Of course, he could be just looking out for Lev. But it's about time the American people stop rubbing elbows with these types. At this point we don't even know if he's playing the House Intel Committee. If Vlad's goal is to cause discourse here in our politics and society, then mission accomplished, and then some.

Dems and Repubs need to tighten their **** up. I was very surprised at how many people in the State Dept. aren't natural born citizens. I don't say that to be anti-immigrant or isolationistic (I think I made that word up). Well, yeah. I am saying let's be little more tight within our State Dept., NSA, CIA, etc...

17. NewRoxFan

None of them can keep their lies straight...

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

trump uses pompeo's lying and bullying of the NPR reporter to continue his goal of defunding National Public Radio...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NPR has been much fairer to both Republicans and Democrats than any of the commercial news services. Here in Minnesota Jesse Ventura has governor was Trumpian in his thin skinned and once issued press badges to the Capital press with "Media Jackal" on them. The one exception was public radio because he felt they were very fair. He even felt comfortable enough on Public Radio to announce that he wasn't running for reelection.

Nook, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member