1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Fickle Fans of the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SmeggySmeg, Mar 20, 2000.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

What's the deal with the ClutchCity Chatroom, ever since the rockets went on this losing tear, the numbers have dropped quicker than Bryce Drew's minutes. Sure it's tough to support the rockets when they are losing and at the end of the day losing will benefit us long term and it hard to cheer for the rocket to lose but that does not mean giving up on the Rockets and especially the Chat room here at Clutchcity. No matter what the result is and how the rockets are playing the Chat room is FUN and an enjoyable experience. So come one, come all and join the Chat room at game time and be ready to use your keyboard, wit and sense of humour. [​IMG]

------------------

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

...and be ready to use your keyboard, wit and sense of humour.

You just lost all the Mobley supporters with that last sentence.

But seriously...

I have to agree. If you can't stand the Rockets' losing, then cheer them to the lottery!!! It's FUN!

Plus, there's no Kenyon Martin talk!

------------------
    <this space for rent>

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

smeg-carey:

Rocket fans, Houston fans for that matter, are the most fickle fans y'all will ever see.The only time they show any life towards the team is if they are winning or playing the Fakers or Utes jazz. I'll bet next year after we acquire that big name free-agent or get the first pick in the draft, interest in the team will be sparked again. (If,when, the arena vote passes) So don't let it surprise you smeg, Houston fans have been this way for a long, long, long time.

------------------
    I took a course in speed waiting. Now I can wait an hour in only ten minutes- Steven Wright

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

hey guys, I know it's no excuse, but I've been killing myself lately at work. once I'm done on this one project i'll definitely show back up. the gametime chatroom is seriously the funniest thing ever.

another free throw yippee! (a chatter just discovering for the 50th time that the up arrow brings up your last message)

------------------

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would love to join in the fun, but I have a 1 year old, and I tape all the games...and watch them after he goes to bed.

Perhaps when he gets older....

DaDakota

------------------

6. myputersux

myputersux Member

Hey now!...it's not entirely true what you say....not ALL of us are fickle Me and the guys I hang with are fanatical EVERY year and every game....we try to get together and watch and scream and drink as often as possible....(which is why you rarely if ever see me in the chat room)...I'm normally in a sports bar or at a friends house watchin...(I'm the only one of us who gets online)So don't rag on all of us....I even supported giving the Earlers their new stadium!?(how stupid of me) [​IMG]

------------------
    Lar

Go ROXZ!!!!!

Lottery or No Lottery
    Losing on Purpose is NOT Acceptable!

[This message has been edited by myputersux (edited March 21, 2000).]

7. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Who would want to miss Cheese night? [​IMG]

MeatyCheesyRF34

------------------
    A big time draft site has tried to stunt our growth, but we will succeed!

The little draft site that could!