1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The entire state of Oregon is up in arms....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FLASH21, Jan 3, 2018.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...-new-law/ar-BBHN9B6?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=DELLDHP17

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Damn, that is some quality internet s**t.

I needed a morning laugh.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

While I'm sure the vast majority of Oregonians aren't freaking out, it's still funny to see the comments of the people that are. Only they and New Jersey don't pump their own gas and to make it into someone's 60's w/o ever having done so is just funny.

4. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I had a client in atlantic city, and on the way back to the Philly airport, I stopped at a gas station to look for an ATM (I didn't even really want gas). Anyway, I got out of the car to look for an ATM (I needed money for the toll, and you know, lost my cash in Atlantic City) and everyone looked at me like I was a lunatic, but the attendant just started pumping gas anyway. I think he pumped like maybe 8 dollars into it. Think I paid him directly. It was the weirdest thing I had ever done.

I can understand some little old ladies not liking it, but I think the majority of those posters are just trolls hamming it up.

Jontro and DieHard Rocket like this.
  5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You've had a boring life. :)

7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I remember being like 6 or 7 years old and my Dad making me pump gas. They still had one lane where it was full service and I remember asking why we don't go in that line and he would respond "that is for lazy asses". My Dad was like a Red Foreman type guy when I was growing up. Hilarious now when I look back and some of the things he used to say and do.

Torn n Frayed and K LoLo like this.
  8. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

SMH based on the comments, these people don't even deserve full service pumps

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Being forced to wait for somebody to come pump my gas would probably piss me off real quick.

Like when you are out to eat, and you can see your order is ready, but can't do a damn thing about it until somebody decides to get it for you.

superfob and K LoLo like this.
  10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Or my life is so crazy, that something like that would seem out of place. :D

Just kidding, I'm an accountant, you're right.

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I thought this pumping gas thing only happened in old timey movies.

Caesar likes this.
  12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If there is a market in Oregon for full service, I am sure the gas stations will continue to have attendants and customers will be willing to pay a little bit more for the service. However, I'm feeling pretty confident there is no sustainable market for it, and that customers are not willing to pay the cost of having an attendant.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Just lazy that all just lazy as *ell .

14. Buck Turgidson

Meanwhile, in Oregon...

[​IMG]

boomboom, DFWRocket, Caesar and 9 others like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure this is what people in Oregon think will happen if people are allowed to pump their own gas

[​IMG]

boomboom and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Hey, those attendants get really b****y if you start to do it yourself :p. You took der jobs!

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I guess some of you never been to New Jersey. Always the most of ANNOYING thing is you can't pump your on gas. LOL. Although, when it is snowing....lol.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

As a kid, I remember that you could fill up your tank first before paying for it. It was a shock when we moved to Pennsylvania and they made you pay before pumping the gas.

Rocket River and Torn n Frayed like this.
  19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I can relate, I flew into and out of the airport in Philly for work in the Gloucester County area a several times few years back. Very strange pulling into “The Wawa” and having someone else fill your tank up for you. I don’t miss that place or the layovers in Atlanta one bit.

20. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

They're all just high AF and don't want to get out of the car. I wonder if gas attendants will also deliver Funyuns to customers as well.

Castor27 likes this.