1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Dwightmare returns....who will he sign with?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Apr 29, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who will Dwight sign with?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2013.
  1. Los Angeles Lakers

156 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. Houston Rockets

281 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Brooklyn Nets (possible via sign/trade)

33 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Atlanta Hawks

9 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Other

13 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Let the speculation begin! Try not to be biased and say Houston if you really don't believe he will sign with Houston.

2. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I hope Houston

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

80% chance he returns to LA

15% chance he comes to Houston

5% chance he goes to Dallas

4. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

100% I dont give a **** where this scrub plays. He has regressed just stay away and say no to DWIGHT!

5. TheresTheDagger

Definitely should have a Dallas option in there, although I still say he ends up in Houston next year.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I have no idea ....

I dont think he returns to LA. He needs a fresh start and needs to choose his destination to satisfy himself. LA is just in too much turmoil right now.

I cant make up my mind if I want him in Rocket Red or not ... the talent is obviously there but he just doesnt seem to have that competetive drive that makes players great.

Nine years in , he has his worst statistical season since 2005 , his second - still hasnt improved FT shooting and has a few post moves.

Sure he's an improvement over Asik but is he $11m in cap space better ?! They are much the same type of players when you get right down to it. Howard just does most things better .

You arent going to run the offense thru him like some of the greats - Hakeem , Shaq , Robinson ,Yao and others. Those guy's had go to post moves and with the exception of Shaq shot FT's at a high rate.

Howard , much like Asik is going to get his points on putbacks and off of assists. You arent going to throw it in the paint and tell him to go to work.

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

yeah my bad, should have had a dallas option. if a mod could add dallas that would be great.

8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight Howard can make $118M with the Lakers or $88M elsewhere.</p>&mdash; chris palmer (@ESPNChrisPalmer) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNChrisPalmer/status/328738863902236673">April 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think it's 50-50 Houston or LA.

Before tonight I thought its was more like 80-20 LAs way, but after seeing the press conference be looks done in LA

10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He has regressed and he is still arguably the best center in the nba right now.

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I'd rather have Marc Gasol, but I'd still welcome Dwight

12. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

How about we sign Dwight and trade him to Memphis. How pissed would Howard be :mad:

Honestly tho Dwight's non Asik butterfinger like would be so good for us

13. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Dwight isn't going to think,"ZOMG!!! Screw the $30 million and Hollywood! I'm going to Houston to play with the rising Rockets!! Wait a minute, there's no state income tax? LYK ZOMG!!!

Nothing is guaranteed in this league in terms of winning. Dwight got traded to LA with hopes of being a top team, but we all know how that turned out. You might as well go with the guaranteed money.

14. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Every HOF Center that went to the Lakers won a ring, theres a track record. Houston has?

15. funkyfresh

funkyfresh Member

Reality folks..

Would you rather have the guy that is the gym rat; rarely injured, team player, consistent, no headaches, solid in what he does, getting better each year, cares about what he does, is a TOP 5 center now, costs you roughly $8 mil a year.

OR-

A straight up diva that takes no accountability, hasn't improved his game, has thrown previous teammates and coach under the bus, needs constant attention and approval, costs you roughly $18 mil a year and could cost the team another great player at 10 mil with his cap hold.

The choice is obvious. Go Asik all the way and upgrade in a different way.

1 person likes this.
  16. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

He's like, "get this nonsense outta here!"

[​IMG]

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Some of us have seen them both play.....

Some of us are also tired of Harden and Lin getting an extra turnover a game because Asik can't catch for ****.

18. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Brooklyn Nets are out of the race

They are 4M+ in luxury tax, so they're unable to get a player via sign and trade. New rule in the CBA, punishment for tax payers. It will be activated july 1 2013

19. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Im still upset about tonights game and the way this season ended. Im mad I lost my cool. Im sorry for letting my team and our fans down when</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/status/328777310587203584">April 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I hope I get the chance to make it up to you!” Thank u la.</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/status/328778864291622912">April 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I dont disagree with you .... Just that everything Asik does , Howard does better.

I cant make up my mind one way or another.

If Asik can improve his hands ..... but I dont think that likely , coordination you either have or dont.

Howard ... if he can improve his competetive drive .... but I dont think that likely , you either have the heart of a champion or you dont. I dont think he does.