1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Oh I got it. I don't know what Harden you watched, but I watched a matador on Defense, never run back in transition, dominate the ball average very few assists, shot worse than J Lin on the year, ball-centric player who lived off the free throw line. Now Im not saying Harden is not a great player, obviously he is. But he is exactly NOT an ideal pairing for DH. Hardens game starts at the top of the key. Here let me keep it simple for you. Where did Jordan usually initiate the offense? Top of the key. Did Jordan need any big man to throw the ball to? Nope. Steph Curry's game starts at getting open for three, away from the lane. Exactly what EVERY big man needs and wants.

And did you just compare Harden's play making to CP3? You were right about one thing, its not there. It will NEVER ever be.

Harden will not make it easier for DH when he needs the ball at the top of the key almost any play for him. Chandler Parsons can make DH's game easier.

2. sabesque

sabesque Member

Yep... Showing that coaching staff is important. Putting Lakers at par (or lower than) other candidates.

I think it's interesting to see what "Dwight's Camp" chooses to say and not say. They're mum on the Rockets meeting and I think that says something about our chances, in a good way.

3. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Gasol is a completely different player than DH. Gasol can play from the elbow, spread the floor for his position, and has a fantastic post up game. All of which DH does not have.

4. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

This would be an excellent sign for the Rockets, I'd suspect.

Way too early if he truly felt GS (sign and trade) was an option.

Also tells me that the decision isn't that difficult as this point.

5. treeman

treeman Member

So if cyberx makes a drunkpost... What happens? My real question is, is the damage of such a thing confined to CF, or does it spread NBA-wide? Is it WORSE than a typo? :grin:

6. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Especially since the two teams who are "supposedly" the toughest competition for us are scheduled to go TOMORROW.

I realize it's DWIGHT we're talking about here, but that tells me he's definitely leaning somewhere already - and it's not Atlanta or GS (again, you wouldn't have heard about getting word possibly that early if he truly felt GS was an option, Cyber)

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

If we sign Howard then we will be at the cap. Can we re-sign Parsons next season? Would he have to sign an extension before the deadline in february (assuming he could)?

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight's positioning himself the same way Lebron did, say positive stuff about everyone, gives nothing away.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

yes and no, we have his bird rights so the cap wouldn't matter.

Besides he's contracted for 2 more years.

10. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

lets see what how "impressive" affected Chris Bosh's decision.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Finished with the Knicks. Another impressive one. I'm starving!</p>&mdash; Chris Bosh (@chrisbosh) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrisbosh/statuses/17599934723">July 2, 2010</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

SMH... come on, guys.

It was reported EARLY that he LIKED the idea of playing for McHale.

And Feigen reported McHale was his usual charismatic self in the meeting. Is it not possible for NBA coaches to be IMPRESSIVE?????

Geez....

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Parsons was signed to a 4 year deal right ? so we wouldn't have to worry about that until 2015

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I'm going in to take a nap. When I wake, if the money's on the table, I'll know I have a partner. If it isn't, I'll know I don't.

1 person likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Let's not overreact every 5 minutes. He just met with Jerry West. Of course he was impressed. Tomorrow he'll want to go to Dallas. And stay in LA.

15. ~~~

~~~ Member

Maybe because Kobe is better? He has a complete arsenal on offense. Post, iso, mid range, etc. Unlike Harden who weapons are iso and 3 pointers and..... wait that's it.

Kobe averages 20 shots a game and Harden 17. I like how you said 21 just to make that much of a different. Averages 3 more shots but yet averages more POINTS, REBOUNDS, ASSISTS, AND SHOOTING PERCENTAGE.

1 person likes this.
  16. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

The unofficial Internet Blog/Twitter/ESPN/Message Board Schedule for Dwight Howard

I'll guess that the the next 3 days looks something like this.

1.(Tomorrow(Tuesday)--8am-1pm'sh) GS is the likely landing spot of Dwight via S-N-Trade. Talks are serious...This could get done quickly.

2.(1pm-1:15'sh) Tap the brakes...Atlanta has hometown appeal. Dwight very interested!

3.( 2pm-7pm) DWIGHT TO THE Mavs!!! Its done!!! Cuban sold him on the neatness of Cuban!!!

4.(7pm-3:30pm*Wednesday)THE LAKERS BLEW Dwight away. OHHHH MY GOSH, It was done and now the Lakers have fought their way back to being FIRMLY THE #1 Likely landing spot of Dwight Howard. Howard was just WOWED Beyond belief!!!

5.(4:30pm*Wednesday-9:00pm Thursday) Dwight is open and everyone is even...

6. (Late Thursday) Dwight decides between the Rockets and Lakers.

---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    Anyone else think that the next 3 days looks like this???

1 person likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

This.

And tomorrow(today) we'll hear about how great the Mavs and Lakers pitch was and is now leaning this way or that way.

Houston's meeting went well? Shocker!
    Atlanta's meeting went well? Shocker!
    He liked what Golden State said? Surprise!
    Cuban hit it off? Wow!
    Lakers laid it out! Oh my!

18. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

[​IMG]

19. betterhomesbytj

We have Parsons BIRD RIGHTS

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People live on a roller coaster because they want to. Just enjoy the ride and In Morey we Trust. If he can't get Howard with this pitch it's nt meant to be.

Have faith CFers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.