1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Howard-Chandler Parsons Argument

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Video: http://www.clutchfans.net/video/view/?v=1622&/dwight_howard_gets_angry_with_chandler_parsons/

Dwight howard pissed me off on that play like no other. He cared more about telling his new teammate to pretty much GTFO of my rebounds while Somone scored in there face. He stood there for a good 15 seconds. I'm not sure if howard cares more about drama or basketball. Point is no matter what happens secure the ball protect the paint then speak your mind even though I thought that was just a clear miscommunication that needed no words.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't get the point of this but if you're actually gonna blame DH on that, its as much a fault on CP as it is on DH

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I haven't watched the play, but i've seen Harden do that much more than anyone else this season. Every time something goes wrong like a missed assignment or turnover, he'll put his hands up like he's never at fault and "argue" with the other teammate involved.

I think Howard does it more out of frustration, while Harden is just not wanting to accept blame, so I'll take the former over the latter any day.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

arguement? stop overreacting, it wasn't that big of a deal

Leave it to Steve Kerr to fuel the flame

5. ThaShark316_28

Thank you.

To be honest though, I grew up on "it belongs to the big man"; my blame a night ago went straight to CP.

1 person likes this.
  6. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Umm he wasn't even looking at Parson's, Dwight had his back to goal when he was grabbing the board. Probably thought it was a foul but then turned around to see it was Parson's. I don't think Howard even knew it was a teammate til he turned around. Chandler was the whole cause of that and neither went after the ball. Parson should have hustled made up for the mistake.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A lot of the Rockets players complain and finger point after mistakes. Dwight, Lin, Parsons, and Harden do it a lot. I don't mind if they complain, but they stop playing to look around and point fingers like the play OP was referencing. Why would you stop when the ball is bouncing in front of you?

I wouldn't be too worried though, they still all seem to like each other off the court. hopefully it will eventually translate on the court.

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Yeah, I hate to nitpick, but he completely stopped caring about the game in order to yell at Parsons. I've never seen an all NBA player do that before.

It wasn't the yelling at your team mate on the court thing -- that happens, whatever. But the turning away from the ball and ignoring the game while an opponent effortlessly scores on the back of your head in order to argue with a team mate -- that was really gross.

I like this new Rockets team, but I really get tired of stupid stuff like this or Harden not playing defense on certain plays, especially earlier in the season. As much as everyone complained about it, I miss players like Battier, Hayes, Scola and Yao. I miss the team that played hard and smart and would never do some sort of non-sense like this.

Not sure what we are going to get for Asik, but I really really hope it includes a grizzled veteran rotation player with playoff experience that guys like Howard and Harden would respect and listen to.

1 person likes this.
  9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Different reactions from different kind of players....nothing big.

Just players wanting to win.

10. HamJam

The problem was not the arguing or the finger pointing, it was that he completely stopped playing in order to do so while his man scored on him. He literally lost the ball and then turned away from the opponent who now had the ball and was moving to the basket, in order to complain and argue with his teammate -- while that player scored undefended.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

rondo ?

12. Remii

Remii Member

Howard did the same thing in the Lakers game to Lin when Blake hit that last second shot... Simple case of not wanting to look bad... Good job by Parsons for just walking off and not throwing gas on the fire...

But if anyone thinks that Morey can't trade Parsons because of Howard _ you're trippin...

13. Remii

Remii Member

You mean you miss having lottery teams :confused:

14. Lihao

Lihao Member

didn't watch the play, if that was what really happened , it's totally unacceptable

15. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

yes i saw that play and thought that was a bit odd but honestly one of them should have let go of the ball as soon as they saw it was a teammate grabbing it. Especially true for parson's since he had a good view of dwight reaching for it. its like basketball 101 and you see it from high schoolers who ball. see your teammate got the rebound put your hands out of the way.

16. HamJam

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL... geez what a bunch of drama Queens we have here. Have you ever seen a Miami Heat game and watched the interaction's between Lebron and Chalmers??? How about KG with Rondo a few years ago???... Its basketball folks, people yell and make mean faces at each other and than get along fine and go about their lives in a normal fashion afterwards.

The fact that TNT kept on replaying that play over, and over, and over, and over again just screams "we need Dwight drama so lets play this up as much as we can".... and their tricks obviously worked for some of you...

With the national media guys, obviously they didn't take the bait though cause virtually nobody said anything about it afterwards.

18. Play07

Play07 Member

cool what makes you think it will happen ? its 50/50 here some want him some dont because he cant shoot the 3 & harden needs the ball, whats your take ?

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Howard still should have grabbed that rebound with more aggression to show Parsons I'm the center and it's my rebound. A knock on Howard is he is very underachieving type person.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I like Chandler but GET the FAWK off Dwight's rebound. I mean seriously - that pissed me off so bad. I'm glad Dwight gave him the wtf stare-down and I would expect NO less from him. Know your place chandler BACK-SPASM Bing- :mad::mad: