1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Devil Inside - CC & Nene

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Between CC's progression / coming back from his injury and the Rockets managing Nene's minutes brilliantly this year, our weakness has become a strength. While defense/rebounding MIGHT still be our Achilles heel down low, these two have really helped balance our half court offense. In the second half, we've seen plenty of games where these guys have combined for 28-30 and 12-15. A rested, healthy, and full strength Nene along with our blossoming CC gives me great hope when we face the Warriors, as their weakness is that soft underbelly inside.

We are ready!

Rashmon, Vivi, JoeBarelyCares and 5 others like this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nene + CC have made Dwight obsolete

eric.81, Os Trigonum and ramotadab like this.
  3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

CC... credit card? Clint Capela is our credit card to success? I like it.

ramotadab likes this.
  4. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

CC....
    Captain crunch!!

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

CC... clutch city? Clint Capela is our clutch city in disguise? I like it.

6. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

CC.. Clash of Clans? The game that made enough money in 2 years to buy any NBA team?

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Plow, I appreciate your take. Your enthusiasm. However, (and ain't there always a 'but'), however, TheGoodGuys have not yet won a 2nd game in the 1st series. Let these gents get past OKC then let's see Leonard be humanized down to size. Four weeks mebbe before the WCF? I, for one, am worrying about Game 2 on Wednesday.

But, liking the chances for progression in these p/o's.

Plowman likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

C+C Music Factory

I win

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I like Nene's No Nonsense approach.

He never seems to get too high or too low.

Just approaches each game and plays professionally and within his limits. Simply does his job.

These kind of steady performers (provided they dont suck of course) are far more important in game planning during playoffs than the loose cannons, the ones that you never know what you are going to get from them.

#9 Zboy, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

We should've use Clint to teach Dwight some post moves

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll attempt to explain my irrational exuberance. : )

Coming into the playoffs, there were multiple things going on with our fair team.

First and foremost, the Beard -

I wanted to know his wrist was right. Well, suffice to say, while it might not be 100%, it'll definitely do.

Also, I thought James was about to take his game to another level.....following up his historic regular season by putting a stamp of all time greatness on this postseason. Dare I say, Jordanesque Bearding. (for lack of a better way to put it)

As Rockets fans (NBA fans), we've been so close to his meteoric rise...that it's blinding. Let's try to back up for just a second and get some perspective. I know the playoffs are just getting started, but we've already seen James's evolution over the last few years. There's been the Dwight impediment... and the limbo of last year. Enter MDA to channel him, and open up the court for his game...And, don't even begin to discount the contributions of our resident wizard,DM, who has quickly put together the needed cast. The Beard is just now reaching his potential. Between the media bashing /outright ignoring (or not realizing) what's happening, talking about RW...all this talk of the "SUPERTEAMS".....Folks have slept on the growth of one of the greatest players of all time....Mark my words...He makes everyone better, and can put a team on his back....taking them to the promised land.

In addition to James, we had a collection of injuries pop up at the end of the year. I was under the impression that this team needed to stay healthy with momentum and chemistry...especially seeing as this was their first year together/under MDA. I didn't think we could afford all that.
    Well, it appears we're basically healthy..and rearing to go.

Now, I also wondered whether we would kick it into another gear (s)...flipping the switch .. Consider how we won that last game. We couldn't throw it in the ocean from downtown in the first half. Still, at the break..in spite of shooting like 18% from 3. We led by 5....And, it was because of our incredible play on the interior. Outrebounding the Thunder AND scoring at will in the paint. We shot it better in the second half....BUT, we also played hellacious defense....We stepped up our defensive intensity. I have to say it again..DEFENSE!

There were valid concerns as to how MDA's system would translate in the postseason. BUT, it sure seems that's about to be put to bed. Again, CC and Nene give us balance in the halfcourt...which is huuuge in the playoffs..

As good as Nash was, he didn't come close to having the kind of talent / ability that Beard has. Think about that.

MDA has all he needs, THIS year...not next...when we'll be even better.

We are a true TEAM...not a collection of all stars....BUT, a cohesive group straight out of DM's laboratory.

OKC - This series has the feeling of a tune up...pure foreplay...We need this to get ready for SA.

SA - We match up well with them, and are healthy now. These Rockets will handle the Hers.

So, let's enjoy the ride...all the way to the parade.

We're going to win it all.

How sweet it is!

[​IMG]

#11 Plowman, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Hakeemtheking and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Everytime I see CC run the P&R to perfection with Harden I say to myself "Why the F couldn't Dwight have given half this effort to running the P&R here in Houston or really ever in his career?"

Dwight did some nice things for the team, especially rebounding, and clogging up the paint on D, but this season has been a huge wake up call as to how he can also hold back your team as well, and I wish we were able to move him a year prior to leaving.

CC & Nene (and to an extent Harrell) have turned out to be the best value at the 5 in the NBA this season IMO. How Morey isn't executive of the year finally this year I have no idea.

Hakeemtheking, Plowman and ElDobleK like this.