1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Decision Redo 2

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The Rock MVP, Jun 2, 2012.

1. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I wanted to know what people thought about Lebron if he chose to join D Rose in Chicago instead of going to Miami.

My question to people is....

1. What would be your hate level? (Same, Less, None)

2. and why?

3. Do you think he would be as hated nationally if he made his decision like this?

*Note that this was never a possibility since I don't think LBJ wants to follow MJ's footsteps

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

It would be the same because it showed no regard for the Cavs fanbase to make it a public spectacle on espn like it was. He should have fired all his reps for talking him into that crap.

1 person likes this.
  3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

If he was still going to do that on national TV, then the only logical smart thing would be to stick with Cleveland. Announcing that you're leaving on national TV and making a spectacle of it is a big reason why he is so hated.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Agreed. Before the "decision", when LeBron announced he would be doing a TV special, I told my wife, "ok, he is re-signing with Cleveland." There was no other plausible explanation for doing something like that.

There is no reason in the world to do a TV special unless you are re-signing with your current team. Otherwise you just come off like a jackass, rubbing it in their faces. Which is exactly what happened.

Any star who does something like that is going to piss everybody off. It would have been the same if he had announced he would sign with Chicago or New York. (Also, the televised "welcome party" on ESPN only made things worse).

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I didn't watch it, didn't care, and was not a LeBron lover. Though the hate was very much unmitigated.

6. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

hate him a little less but not much.

More cause of the media but hated the hype around him since high school. Thought it was stupid to get tattoo that says Chosen 1 in high school then king in his first season. Hated the fact he promised Cavs a ring and bailed. Hated how he thought the Heat could win more than 7 championships together.

It started with the media but he went with and still hasnt won a ring.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It'd be from 85% of the hate to the same hate.

Immediate reaction to the actual "Decision" show would be the exact same no matter what non-Cavs team he chose.

Its the actual Miami Heat team bringing Bosh with him, their subsequent group showboating and immature comments that added MORE fuel. Derrick Rose is less likely to make a spectacle of himself like that. He would be dull and boring and business-practical about it sending fans and media to sleep instead of inciting rage.

But then Lebron trying to directly follow Jordan's footsteps would bring on more scrutiny. Imagine Lebron on the Bulls wilting in the Finals instead of being like Jordan in those moments.

8. lalala902102001

"The Decision" was the worst career move for Lebron. What he should have done is to do it quiety no matter where he chose to go. Just sign the deal and let the media talkheads do their thing. There would be have been so much less hate for him today. Whoever talked him into doing the whole TV show (cough ESPN cough) did a very bad thing. Lebron is actually a nice guy, but that whole
    ordeal just rubbed most people the wrong way.

Career wise it was the right move for him.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think the posters who talked about LBJ going to a non-cav team had it right. Having a tv special was nice, but if you were not going back to cleveland then that'd be a lot like turning down a marriage proposal on tv.

Other then that, the one thing which made everybody pissed off was the Ironman 2 entrance, that just rubbed people the wrong way esp. with the "not 1, not 2, not 3" talk. If that didn't happen (ie he didn't go to Miami and formed the 3 kings), then I don't think there'd be a lot of outrage, like what happened when Shaq left orlando and went to LA.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron doesn't seem to be a nice guy, by all accounts he seemed to be a douche bag who treats normal people on the street like garbage. That's not enough reason to hate him though, as he hasn't done anything immoral like have illegitimate children with several mothers or been charged with rape.

The decision wasn't necessarily a bad move, it gave LBJ a lot of PR, even if it was negative PR. The only thing is, he should have delivered last year, if he won a ring after that amazing first and 2nd round shut out in the playoffs then everybody would have shut their trap. America values production over being a nice guy, and he would have been forgiven if only he got a ring, esp. after the way he embarrassed D Rose.

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That was my exact reaction when I heard about the "decision." I remember thinking no way this guy goes on national tv just to leave the Cavs.

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Tbh, the decision wasnt the main reason why i started hating lebron. It was his sense of entitlement and douchelike behaviour. Not shaking opponents hands, dancing during games, and then the whole planning of forming a big 3 in miami as well as the ordeal with fireworks and "not 1, not 2, not 3,..." and "this is gonna be easy.." etc. thing.

If he went to Chicago then i prolly wouldnt hate him as much and they would have won a championship. Maybe because it makes basketball sense to have a complete team and a great coach like thibs. i kinda get the feeling some players dont like lebron for the reasons i stated above. Didnt seem like drose and noah wanted him there and guys like durant clown on his actions and comments.

He was basically like an immature kid before this year. I doubt he's changed all that much though. Look at shaq. He's still a jackass.

#12 bullardfan, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry to be repetitive, but I don't hate him, and I don't think there's much hate for him out there. I do hear criticism, which is totally different.

Overall, he's actually fawned over by the sports media, when you look at the whole picture. And he's a very talented player, so that's just fine.

14. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I wouldn't like him still, but I think it would have been more interesting.

You would have all sorts of comparisons to Jordan, which obviously Lebron was to scared to try to live up to.