1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The day we win the championship is the day

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Harden stop depending on the refs. Harden tried baiting the refs too much in the WFC games. You could see him taking taking his sweet time just to shoot the 3 balls after the stepback compared to his normal stepback 3s shots of the regular season games. Until he can completely stop depending on the refs, he will go down as one of the greatest. If not, we will have another ringless HOFmers.

#1 Rockets4lf, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden is the only MVP in the history of the league with more FTM than FGM when he won his MVP.

His game is predicated on drawing fouls, his defender can only guard him as a well as the refs giving him the calls on any particular night.

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

What's with these clickbait thread topics that are half a sentence, with the rest of the sentence inside the thread?

The whole freakin' idea of a thread title is to give people enough info to let them decide whether they want to read the damn thread in the first place.

#3 topfive, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    tinman, jnuge90, Nelly and 4 others like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When it was pretty much apparent the refs were going to start calling the game in favor of GSW in the 3rd quarter of game 7, Harden tried to get a foul call from the 3 point line.. twice. Harden stood around figuring out why he didn't get a call. THEY WERE WITHOUT A DOUBT FOULS, however, Harden shouldn't have put his game in the hands of refs that aren't looking to call something in his favor.

It's one of the flaws in his game and why I get so frustrated with him.. Harden doesn't seem to recognize the moment. Harden, IN MY OPINION, doesn't take enough games. Instead he is fine getting a call in winning time.

Nelly and yixiixiy like this.
  5. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Yes, those calls were rigged but you can clearly see Harden slow down his stepback shots to pull a foul from the refs. That is not his rythym shots he's been taking all season long.

6. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Every offensive possession the rockets need to NOT think about fouls. They need do think ‘Score’ not ‘Foul’. Fouls just happen when they happen. Don’t let the fouls rule the possession. Just. Think. Score. Take it to the house.

Nelly and Cash Cam like this.
  7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Well said. He needs to quit playing for fouls and play straight up, real basketball. We've already seen that his game does NOT translate to the playoffs. He is too good to be playing for fouls and relying on the refs. Play basketball, James.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

If cf threads still had a rating system I'd give this 1/5 stars

9. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

The Warriors get bullshit calls that leave the other team contemplating life and they run to the other side with thompson shooting a wide open three. NBA rigged lmfao

LUK3 likes this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so how many rings harden owe you again?

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I agree with your overall point but Games 6&7 he was getting hammered every time with no call. I wanted him to drive every time but to be honest at that point I don't think he can because it would wear him down too much. The whole team knew they had to shoot from outside because of the illegal defense and being able to hack on every drive. That takes a 75% shot or FT opportunity down to 25%. You can go look at the game and I am sure this was the thinking. If the paint was working fairly I don't believe they would have missed the 3s either because they would have had balance. GSW knew they were not going inside and could crowd them on every outside shot too. When you only have to defend the 3pt line it is very easy to stop the team altogether. You could see the Warriors smiling every time. They knew they were getting every call.