1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The Curse of Tony Boselli

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pacman0590, Jan 11, 2011.

1. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

No other franchise in the league has made this many bonehead decisions in their existence. I just thought we should have place to discuss all the top times the football gods (dont google-image that) have royally screwed us.

- Tony Boselli, best tackle in the league, oh nevermind he's retiring. AWESOME absolutely no O-Line at all. Probably the worst Oline ever to play in the NFL

- David Carr, sweet! a franchise QB! oh wait we don't have an O-Line, so there's no way he's going to be able to EVER develop into a superstar, he's going to turn into a gun shy, unconfident qb who has night mares of Dwight Freeney.

- Dom Capers, what the hell.

- Jason Babin, Why? a finesse Defensive end in a 3-4 System? lets waste someone's football career and let him be good later in life

- Jerome Mathis, Wow, Fastest 40 time ever, BEAST kick returner.. Nope going to jail, and hampered by injuries.. so much for hope..

- WHOA AWESOME WE HAVE A RUNNING GAME!!! FIRST 1000 YARD RUSHER! DOMINIC DAVIS IS SICK!!! spoke to soon, career ending injury.

- David Carr still sucks..

- A new hope? the Kubiak era begins..

- another year of wasting money on David Carr, shoulda let Rosen-copter play so we could've at least got a better draft pick. Laron Landry??

-OH okay not bad Amobi Okoye?! awesome he's 19! hes going to be amazing by the time he's 24.

-Whoa, only a half way into the season and amobi looks AWESOME, hes got like 5 sacks already.

-Crystal ball shows that was the climax of his career..so far

-Alright Matt schaubs here! we gave up to 2nd round picks for a back up quarterback.. Schaub ended up being okay but the list of players we could've gotten with those 2nd round picks is to long to post.

-Farewell Dunta aka one of the best players we've ever had.

- WHOA STEVE SLATON HOLY ****! where the hell did he go? that 10 pounds that kubes made him put on ruined his career.

-The bengals roll over and let the jets pound them denying our playoff spot... thanks Carson..

-Frank Bush is our guy, he's gonna turn things around............................

-With the 20th pick in the 2010 Nfl draft the houston texans select Kareem Jackson.

-Demeco ryans out for the season.

-Start the season 4-2, I smell playoffs..

-Worst pass defense in the history of football.

-Looks like we should just tank and get a good draft pick, OHH best CB since charles woodson coming out this year?! LETS GET HIM, we better lose to the jaguars!!

-Owen Daniels has been injured for like the last 10 years, and has a miraculous comeback performance against the jags without mario or andre, giving us the 12th pick instead of a lovely 6th.

I'm not giving up, but this Franchise is really going somewhere..

I hate Loving them so much...

Am i missing anything?

3 people like this.
  2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

When Seth Payne went down, I almost cried. :( This was during our 3-4 days with one of the best CLOGGING the middle (that's what SHE said).

3. Major

Major Member

Oakland? Detroit? Both have been as or more incompetent than the Texans over the last decade.

4. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

touche, but i think the rest of the league sees us in the same light.

5. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Ah stop crying. We get to watch the career of one of the best WRs of all time (when its all said and done) who actually doesn't mind being here. We quite intelligently took Mario Williams over DBrick or VY. Owen Daniels developed into a Pro Bowl TE and could still return to that form. Schaub isn't David Carr. We picked up an undrafted FA and made him into the top rusher in the league.

1 person likes this.
  6. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Crying?? come on man, I would rather see my team win a championship then see a hall of fame wide reciever play?..

I love Arian Foster, but our track record shows disaster is up ahead! knock on wood..

the 2006 draft is probably the best thing to happen to this franchise, even if mario was a bust demeco, owen daniels, and eric winston's play would've made up for it.... but other then that our drafts haven't been very good at all..

1 person likes this.
  7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Also, Detroit? :confused: They've SUCKED during our existence.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

potential all pro LT, dwayne Brown, career ruined by Ron dayne. ouch.

9. msn

msn Member

Are you talking about Spencer?

10. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

you mean you didnt hear the news about brown? :grin:

yeah...i meant charles spencer.

11. ApuN

ApuN Member

Any franchise can point to a bunch of misfortune in any 10 year span

Why do Houston fans always blame luck, curses, the stars etc., when in fact its about the bonehead owner???

The reason why the Texans haven't done anything is because the owner has his head stuck up his a**

plain and simple

12. msn

msn Member

eh, because we *don't*. (despite some joking around about it)

That idiocy is reserved for Chicago and Boston, pre-2004.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I hate the texans organization as much as anyone, but most of the crap you listed is well.........crap

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

What really troubles me is that this franchise is looking more and more like Detroit during the Wayne Fontes years and is becoming just as irrelevant.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Oh man! That is hard. If true, this is probably the kind of thing that we won't realize until a few years later.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Only if they hire Matt Millen as a GM to turn it around...

17. Apps

Apps Member

These are the "character years" of the franchise. Trust me, years from now when we're rolling in W after W, we'll be looking back on these years and talking about how worth it they were to get to where they are then.

It's all just one evolving existence, man. Those years of mediocrity are in the past, and perhaps there are a couple more left for the future, but the future too will become the past and there will be a day when this team will be so good, that you wish you could stop time. But you can't. And those golden years will end as well, and the team will eventually fade back into mediocrity.

I'm not worried about sucking now, because it'll end and the only way is up; I'm worried about the day when this Texans team will fall from its inevitable role at the top of the mountain. The higher the fall, the more it'll hurt, but at least we're rolling with the punches now and will ultimately come out of it with a little perspective. It gives the fan base a sense of humility.

2 people like this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

A "culture" has been created here, it will be hard to change. But wait, McNair doesn't want to change it, he wants to enable and promote it, so what you have had is what you will continue to have. I agree with Hillboy, it feels more and more like the Detroit Lions.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Oakland superbowl appearance in the last 10 years. texans 0. ill give you detriot but detriot!? thats what we're looking down to???

hopefully it will click

20. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

kareem jackson falls down