1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Charles Barkley Network

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FrankyFranchise, Apr 1, 2000.

1. FrankyFranchise

Charles has his own Internet talk show.
    Check it out at www.nike.com
    He punches a Pippen doll in the first episode.

------------------

2. Old School

Old School Member

Channel 2 had a clip from it last night. Pretty funny stuff. Cynthia Cooper was there as well and made it entertaining.

Old School

------------------
    Just Build It!

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Yeah, it's not like he helped us to finally get over the hump against Seattle or carried the team on his back the last two seasons or anything...

Seriously, he's retired. Gone. Get over it.

------------------
    WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL... next year, at least. :(

4. gabbylizard

gabbylizard Member

Contrived, campy, fluff. The same smoke and mirrors he's been pulling for the last four or five years. All talk, a little flash when he gets around to it, but mostly a lotta hype over nothing.

So big (successful and talented) Mikey got his fat little loudmouth brother a Nike Net spot and some more money endoresement. Big Deal. Get over yourself Chuck.

Coop should be embarassed for buying into this smack.

------------------

5. Hydra

Hydra Member

Yeah GL,
    I can't believe how bad Barkley sucks. Any 6'4" player can win the MVP once. And how hard could it be to score 20,000 pts, grab 10,000 boards, and dish 4,000 assists from a position where you are 3" shorter than the average player. [​IMG]

What an idiot.

6. gabbylizard

gabbylizard Member

Hey Hydra KMyIdiotAss

We were talking about his show which if you want to read (or could) the reviews has been panned as ".......... campy and contrived...." (gee,where did I hear read that before?)"....pure Charles, cheesy..." .

The second part of my comment (which lambasted a public figure/professional player and not a poster on this BBS) was about his poor (last four or five years) performances in relation to his previous years.

Now if you would like to talk BBall come on, I have been there ....

You want to get personal, pic a day and time loser. Mano a mano. Anytime. Guess I been there too!

------------------

7. gabbylizard

gabbylizard Member

Actually I thought most of what I said was positive: KMyAss is pretty positive. There isn't much doubt in my intention in the rest of my post either. [​IMG]

Because I happen not to have your or others affliction with kissing Charles southend everytime his name is mentioned does not make me a negative person.But then I have been a Rocket fan for several years and not had the company of all the lemmings here on this BBS.

Likewise, I do think comparing him or anyone to the Virgin Mary is sacrosanct. I am sorry my heroes are people I rever. Not someone who, although gifted athletically, is a blatant loudmouth who while given the platform to speak, uses it deplorably for the benefit of no one but his self. I loved his game for most of his career. But stating he has slacked off on this forum seems to illicit all the worst in some people. Me too it seems.

[​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by gabbylizard (edited April 08, 2000).]

8. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Hmmm... you have a knowledge of the bbs
    I believe (if memory serves) in reference to Scottie Pippen's lambasting of Barkley this past summer.

You use sacrosanct in a coherent sentence and then lose me as you misspell 'revere'. I assume you're the schizophrenic dark side of a poster that's been here for a while. But which one?

gabby - lizard
    a lizard that talks too much? no...

lizard, hmmm...

this is more fun than a murder mystery (and the lotto balls don't fall until 05/21)

------------------

9. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Great stuff by Charles, as always.

------------------
    THE DEAN

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Achebe,

Why did you cut him slack on the use of "illicit"?

Mango

On special assignment with the Dictionary Police.

------------------
    A Ranking Official in the Serious Police

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Now I know hydra is a loser and gayblizard is an idiot.

BUT WHAT AM I?

12. Achebe

I knew you'd be right behind me Mango for the follow [​IMG].

Unfortunately my post didn't elicit a response from gabby. Let's have a challenge. Everyone guess who gabbylizard is by tomorrow. Monday we'll ask the admins to do an ip check to see who he is. Since I assume that gabby is a present poster, I should also assume that he knows the admins already do ip checks and is using a different computer. But since he knows I know he knows they do ip checks, then maybe he's goofed in some other way.

Special Agent Achebe, fashion police.

------------------

13. Achebe

you're the mascot for the s.f.b.w.c, whatever that means.

gayblizzard, do you have anything positive to say or are you just having fun questioning religious dogma... like walking into a Catholic church and ridiculing Mother Mary?

------------------

14. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Achebe you are sounding like Mulder with all of this secret conspiracy type things.

------------------
    ~John~
    Is it any coincidence that the Bull is one of only three NBA players with a team named after him? I don’t think so!!!!
    I am the President of the unofficial Matt Bullard Fan Club! (club website coming soon)
    JohnyRocket's Fan Site

15. Achebe

I've figured it out... gabby is heypartner.

A thread has never gotten 5 posts deep without heypartner's input, such is the reason for half of the moniker, heypartner is making light of himself - he has 1300 posts. The last time he and I joked about it I had 350 and he 950. Or the same rate at which we've been posting since we both registered in Oct. 1999, at a 2.25~ to 1.

heypartner, what's up with the lizard? ohhhhh!

lizard is synonymous w/ something (it's a family site folks) that is also synonymous w/ jerk.

talkative jerk is the darkside poster of heypartner!

find out Monday who's right on ask the Admins

------------------

16. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Oh no, don't get me involved in this mess... I am not messing with any gay lizards (or any other lizards for that matter).

------------------
    The truth is out there.