1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The celebratory thread for the minority ones like myself....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

My sig hasn't changed since I created it a week ago.

2. JMG524

JMG524 Member

You people are so funny its ridiculous. You should be mad about losing a 1st round pick, a good backup center, and a good backup PG for nothing. But instead you hang your hat on getting rid of Lin and his legion of fans like thats really gonna make this team much better. Talk about priorities.

1 person likes this.
  3. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I understand where you are coming from. But I disagree. Bosh changed his game dramatically. Now he is nowhere near a first option - that is why Miami did a huge mistake. But he is a great third piece. He spaces the floor really well, he can pass the ball, he doesn't demand the ball, he sets great screens, he is a great defender and an underrated rebounder. He would drastically improve us.

Now we have a problem. What to do with Parsons? In my mind we have to match - but that means either wasting our cap space or signing someone today or tomorrow. With Bosh our team would've been set for the next 3 years (Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Bosh, Howard - and maybe TJones, Daniels. Most teams use 7-8 men rotations in the playoffs). Now we have a big question märk.

Without Parsons we might be wasting our next season. Can we find equal value? Perhaps with Deng but he wouldn't be much cheaper thus not really helping us. Most importantly without Parsons we have basically no chance to improve the team.

So the whole Bosh thing hurt us bad. I expect Morey to work 72 hours straight without sleep right now. Trying to do everything to use our salary wisely, so extending PArsons make sense. If this works out, everything is good - if it doesn't w might have a problem.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lin was not a backup. They just made him one.

He and Asik were paid top dollar. The big Turk is somewhat hard to replace.
    Back up PG can be had for a cheaper price.

1 person likes this.
  5. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Im happy we did not get Bosh. I was kind of rooting for Melo, but now im happy were not getting him either. We dont need a 3rd superstar to win. The two we have are just fine. Use some money to build depth and retain our core by matching the offer on Parsons. Continuity and chemistry, thats what we need to win, not another superstar.

6. NotChandlerParsons

Oooooo lala? Carmelo to Houston? WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T ZBOY?

Sorry I'm still hungover from last night.

7. djimi

djimi Member

The problem is this team lacked focus. we still have not even addressed the coaching problem, we were looking for some candidates to fill up the assistant but never really found one. is mchale the way to go moving forward or he still needs more losses in playoffs to get better? when will that happened? do you really think mchale can lead this team to a championship in the next 2-3 years? for me, he was suppose to at least bring us to the 2nd round with the line up and seeding we had.

so even with bosh coming in, we did not address that issue. then regarding parsons, why did we go for Melo if we planned to keep him? why show interest in lebron when we know the chances of landing both those guys are very low. by going for those guys i dont blame parsons for being "comfy" with cuban.

if we knew Bosh was the one we should have stuck to it. we had so many options and lost focus. DM deserves this sleepless nights now, the problems is his own doing.

just look at the spurs, they are quiet and focused on what they need to win it all. a third star would be nice but a good core with good chemistry is more important. the spurs way gave them a longer window of opportunity to win it all whereas the method we are taking give us at most 3-4 years. bigger window, bigger chance. i hope DM havent lost his magic just yet

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Add to that list not signing Parsons.
    To me cuban looks like he's back pedaling about that ridiculous contract.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

well, to be fair we don't "want" to get rid of Asik. He kind've gave the Rockets no choice when he started being a baby and demanding trades to be a starter when he can't even make a layup and his dunk-launch takes 10 seconds. Yeh, he can defend, and I loved the guy, but that wasn't what we originally wanted.

Losing the pick is a bummer, a real one, but whatever we gain and lose picks all the friggin' time. Lin was a bust here, a guy who only showed up every 5 games or so, and the rest of the time was making bad decisions... stopping in the lane to dance around on one foot, toes on the 3-pt line bad decisions. A LOT. He wasn't consistent on scoring, assist, or defense. Teams figured him out, and he did NOT improve his game. Sure, he showed up for 7minutes or so of the playoffs, but thats not enough to make him worth the $$.

As a person, he seems great. As a player... I'm rather uplifted he'll no longer be with us (nor his fans!). I actually think we can and will be better without him. I think if people truly ask themselves what he in SOME WAY consistently provides for this team and realize its nothing, not even a spark off the bench usually, then they'll be happier when we can bring in a backup that can at least do one thing well.

The roles will be improved. As much as I loved Asik, his fumbly hands and scoring deficiencies making him replaceable as well. The team will go on and be better, as long as we find players to plug the gaps, a good defensive coach... and sadly probably one day improve upon McHale.

We probably should've done that first...

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Players that are not named LeBron or Wade, that are playing on the same team as LeBron and Wade = beta b****es.

11. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Agree with ZBoy. It's like having the Gasol traded nullified. I also don't want Love. I want defense.

We are trading Asik for the Pelicans #1 pick, plus capspace or a TPE. how is that not a good trade?