1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Cat: take it to the bank, CP3 is staying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 11, 2018.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Suggesting anything is just making **** up.

The Warriors only won 58 games in the regular season. That's crazy with that roster.

The Rockets had double digit half time leads at halftime of both games 6 and 7. That's crazy and completely unlikely after CP3 went down.

We don't know what would have happened. W hat actually did happen, ultimately, is what would have been expected after CP3 went down, but absolutely NOT in the way anyone would have anticipated.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

We shall see ... by seeing what happens, whether or not the Rockets are in a run-it-back scenario and CP3 can stay healthy, whether Lebron goes to LAL, etc. We shall see what happens.

I don't care about the "message" sent to Harden. The only message should be how do we win 1 or as many championships as possible, as soon as possible.

** hopefully its all mute, and Lebron joins the Rockets.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I thought about the Melo scenario but I believe that’s wishful thinking. As much of as a headache Melo has the potential to be for OKC next year it won’t justify taking on another bad contract one year longer. And as much as we would like to think that OKC could find Ryno useful with Westbrook, not based on the fact that he had little to zero playing time recently, and most definitely not at that price. Thought about Evan Turner. Gallo is interesting but I think any of the players we named considering their contracts are just as long as Ryno and probably get more playing time with said teams, we’re going to have to attach incentives.

EDIT: Wait. Forgot Gallo has one year longer. That one could make sense for Clips. We need Bev to vouch for Ryno :)

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We just came off the most successful season since the Dream and we have posters advocating not giving CP3 a big contract? Wow... more crazy yet, we've seen posters believe that we could still get LeBron without his bestie CP3? Even more mind boggling.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

It doesn’t take an insider to Know this

6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I’m also hearing from insiders Mike D’Antonie and Daryl Morey will be returning next season

sammy and joshuaao like this.
  7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Of course. Houston is doomed.

Houston didn't just win 65 games. Houston wasn't on the brink of a championship before an unfortunate and disappointing injury.

But now we should be concerned that he will leave while being left at the alter by Lebron at the same time. Okay cool.

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This is so stupid. Why would Houston be concerned???? If anything this is good news if you're a Rockets fan.

CP3 ain't leaving Houston, especially since he was a healthy hamstring away from prolly winning his first championship

thedreamsteam, Bobsputin and DonKnock like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

"I don't know anything."

Bobsputin and sammy like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We don't absolutely know, but what we do know is that most likely the Rockets win one of the final 2 games after winning 3 of the first 5. Again, you can't say for sure that it would have happened, but you can say for sure that the most likely scenario would have been the Rockets winning one of the final 2 games. Denying that is just being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic.

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Because he can form the Houston model in LA.

Houston....L.A.
    Harden = LeBron
    CP3 = PG13
    Capela = DeAndre Jordan

3-pt shooters for spacing surrounding them.

LeBron coming to Rockets may gut your team and you lose 3-point shooters. Read the Larry Coon thread.
    he is the Salary cap guru. He said the Rockets have deal Ryno with Gordon......if CP3 & LeBron don’t take
    pay cuts, then the Rockets will have to renounce rights to free agents because of cap holds.

You don’t want to renounce Capela, because that allows him to be an unrestricted free agent bey-bye bird rights.

Renounce Ariza and bye-bye bird rights......you can sign him past luxury tax and give him the $8 mil he wants. That’s
    why he leaked don’t short me or I will go to the competition.....Warriors.

CP3 won’t give up his bird rights so you can sign LeBron.....LeBron doesn’t want to sign without CP3.

Coon mention Tucker may have to go as well.

So it wouldn’t be the team that took us to the brink this past season. We have to replace those that leave. Because
    facilitators driving without threats of outside shooters just means pack the paint. No room for Harden/CP3/LeBron/Capela.

Lakers with LeBron/Paul George/DeAndre Jordan/Tyreke Evans/ Mike Scott/ Amir Johnson/JJ Redick/ Rondo/ Barton
    or others could give us more than we want to tangle with.

LeBron/Paul George/Tyreke Evans/Rondo would drive and kick.......DeAndre Jordan PnR (like Capela)......kickout
    to the others (just like Houston).

Since CP3 gets 5 yrs from Houston and top dollar.....he stays. I’ve only said he goes to L.A. if we don’t give in to the leak
    he won’t take a discount.....and don’t even think about shorting me years.

12. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

I’ll take the team we just had over that lakers team any day. Man, Laker fans are completely delusional.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Two things:

1.) If LeBron and CP were going to follow each other blindly, last summer was the time to do it. First shot for Chris at free agency, trouble with Kyrie in Cleveland. The Clippers would've preferred a deal netting Kyrie to the HOU package.

2.) Even if we accept the above premise, the idea that LeBron would try to sell CP on a random team (really, the youthful, 35-win Lakers are the only option) rather than join CP on a 65-win juggernaut is just laughable.

The desperation from national types for the Lakers to be relevant is incredible. I feel like it's June 2013 again and we're listening to all sorts of conspiracy theories from Broussard and Shelburne about how Dwight can't possibly turn down the storied Lakers.

Richie_Rich, Deuce, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

DeAndre Jordan is going to opt out of $24 million to sign for the minimum?

Deuce, hakeem94, sammy and 1 other person like this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree CP3 himself has been saying its the best decision he ever made why would he leave?

16. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

You don’t have to make so much sense, Ben.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Years not dollars.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I had to give you a like because your profile pic is awesome lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's so wildly "optimistic" that I can't imagine even the most ridiculous Lakers homer daring to dream it.

You'd be relying on one of the Rockets or Thunder simply choosing to do the Lakers a favor and taking less than they could get trading CP3 or PG13 elsewhere.....AND you'd be relying on DAJ to opt out of a 24 million dollar contract in order to take the minimum.

You then spread some bogus information about the Rockets situation. Neither Lebron or CP3 would have to take pay cuts because the Rockets have CP3's Bird rights and Lebron would be an opt in and trade.....and since the Rockets still have Ariza and Capela's Bird rights, they could keep both of them at the max if they just happened to want to on top of that. As to Tucker, unless he was involved in the trade (and there's no reason why he'd have to be), he wouldn't have to go anywhere

This is what I'm talking about when I say people are going out of their way to make LA seem like the best option and are doing everything they can including spreading outright falsehoods in order to downplay the Rockets chances.

sammy likes this.