1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Cat) Daryl Morey and MDA Exit Interview quotes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 16, 2019.

1. riko

riko Member

He averaged 32-7-6 Stop acting like he was some scrub

2. JW86

JW86 Member

LOL @ MDA citing early start and shot by PG. Come on man...at least admit your shortcomings, you didn’t prepare them for the finals. Morey neither. It’s always WCF would be a success.

I think in the end what cost us was not enough belief in themselves they could beat the Warriors. Confidence and envisioning yourself winning is a real thing. Capela talked, but boy he was scared. I think CP3 showed it too, Harden as well. Gordon.

That’s why Rudy T was a special coach, he made proper adjustments, used his bench but also believed and made guys believe. Cannot underestimate how much that last part matters to make those winning plays.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

he's a Marty Schottenheimer...

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Excuses excuses excuses

BamBam and BaselineFade like this.
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I know our bench played more minutes game 1-5 and it wasn’t THAT close.

Remembering wrong.

Kerr didn’t go deep into his bench for real minutes till game 6.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

If i was tilman i would shake their hands with a smile and fire them right after they walk out. Both. What a bullshit takes

7. gogispade

gogispade Member

is there any video of this?

8. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

Let's see what giannis or kawhii do against gsw. Harden nearly matched his #s from the RS against gsw. And Utah is just really good at defense

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

-

#49 rockets1995, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rudy thinking Otis Thorpe is clogging the paint, insert a 2nd year player in Robert Horry to shoot 3s and make Hakeem work easily in the post.
    Having scoring issues vs Knicks in the Finals insert a Rookie Sam Cassell, with a game winning 3
    Carl Herrera scores easily, using his quickness

Rudy Tomjanovich is exactly what Steve Kerr, Gregg Popovich do if you are smart whether you are a Rookie or not you will play and whether you play bad, I have confidence in you that you will play better and not get benched.

Mike DAntoni plays 7 guys ONLY

Mike on a Rookies - play 5 minutes, benched and done in the playoffs

Spurs loss - The Image I most remember is Montrezl Harrell on the bench as a Rookie, never played in the series when the Rockets had no energy. Plus Harden jogging back and forth, thinking about clubbing, after the loss goes clubbing.

11. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Harden wasn't just thinking about clubbing- he was hung over from clubbing the night before. Harden has no personal integrity at all. This means he and Tillman have something in common, of course.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Except in the clutch where he’s literally the worst player in the league. Let’s not gloss over that tiny little fact.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

D'Antoni: "We just didn't come up big in big moments, and they did. Give them credit, but at the same time, we gotta do a better job. We've gotta seize the moment, and we didn't. We didn't in Game 5, we didn't in Game 6, didn't even in Game 1."

I hope Mike is also speaking for himself here, cause i'm not one of those who are screaming he should be fired etc...but i'm starting to get tired about his habits after few years.

In case you didn't notice the Rockets so far have been the only threath to the best team ever in the last two years, if Morey didn't do his job, i wonder who else did.

Would be really curious to see Harden asking for a trade, to see where he would like to go and what he would win without making a Durant kind of b**** move...there's actually a reason why Harden isn't asking for a trade, because he's not dumb.

joshuaao and mikol13 like this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

A shot blocking stretch 4 that can rebound with a clutch gene? I think we had a thread for that.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Morey: "SSDY. Same ****. Different year. We've got to....."
    Dan Tony: "SSDY. We've got to....."
    Tilman: "SSDY. We've got to....."

Little Bit and J.R. like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

This thread is letting me add to my ignore list.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The year they won as the 6th seed and having a brutal playoff schedule is not everything going perfectly. They all raised their games in the playoffs starting with Hakeem

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Durant got hurt, so thats 3. Klay and Green are excellent but not all time greats.

Hakeem faced the Celtics dynasty in the 80s and almost toppled them as a second year player. He faced multiple top 20 players with better supporting casts and beat them.

The reason the rockets lost is because Curry outplayed harden. Things don't have to be perfect, harden just needs to play better

19. Mr. Clutch

Huh?

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

False. Curry played like a rec league scrub for 5.5 games. Durant played 4.75/6, to which Harden was every bit his equal (as the best player on the planet)

Y’all need to get your story straight. ESPiN got folks dizzy.

dmoneybangbang, Nook and CCity Zero like this.