1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Carl Landry Effect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XBLRocketman111, Mar 25, 2009.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There hasn't been game that's gone by since Landry's been out where I haven't said at some point, "Damn, we need Landry right now". He definitely would have helped last night. Nothing against Chuck either but it's become abundantly clear that Chuck is a 10-15 minute situational guy by now. Landry is 6th man/rotation material and I can't wait til we get him back. Speedy recovery!

2. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

I think a good target date is Next monday, so only 1 more game

3. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Hopefully Landry will recover Quickly and the Police will find his Attackers...

Landry would have Helped in last night's game but hopefully Rox will watch film and find ways to Attack the Rim more, rather than Settle for Jumpers that weren't falling...

4. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I mention that in another post before right after he was shot. He is energy of the bench staight atheticismn he is what we wanted years ago when we signed Stomile Swift but never got it.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Of course we miss him. He's a key component off the bench. That being said, I like seeing Hayes get more minutes. I think it may remind some people the difference he can make on defensive end. We will need him in the Playoffs

6. acjeitherocket

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Although I would like to see Landry back soon I don't think he would have made much of a difference last night. He's a great hustle guy but he doesn't bring anywhere near the defensive presence Chuck does and I mean both individual defense as well as team defense.

Then again, maybe Carl would have taken Yao's minutes. Then, the team might have had a chance to win.

8. FFz

FFz Member

carl the tooth landry. He was a factor last playoffs against the jazz. No doubt he'd change the dynamics of this game if he was healthy.

9. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Landry's rebounding efficiency actually is way down from last year. Last year his per 48 minutes number is 13.9 rebounds; this year only 11.3.

In contrast, Scola has significantly improved his rebounding, from 12.4 to 13.9.

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

We definitely miss Carl Landry. Something just isn't right when Yao isn't on the floor. We need Scolandry together at the same time!

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So what you're basically saying is that Scolandry has remained largely the same.

12. blender

blender Member

I've noticed Adelman using the three-guard lineup (Lowry, Wafer, Barry) more while Landry is out, probably because he's looking for offensive help. It hasn't always worked and ends up creating mismatches on the defensive end, but Adelman doesn't have many other choices right now. He's just holding on until Landry can get back.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The thing about Landry is that he is a very dependable and consistent scorer. You know he is going to get his points which great during those scoring droughts that we go through.

14. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

exactly.

15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

his defensce has gotten alot better lately.

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

Hollinger predicted that his FG% would come down to earth, and despite adding a midrange jumper as a staple to his game it's still stayed ridiculously high.

Carl's the man.

And no, that's not a dig at Hollinger. It's jsut to show that Landry's defying the odds.

17. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Get well soon Carl, we need you...

18. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

He would have also given up 5 or 6 baskets on defense, maybe more depending on how long he stayed in the game...

19. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

I agree. And when you miss as many wide open shots as we did, you're not going to beat the Jazz on their home court.

20. Hola-juwon

Hola-juwon Member