1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Bush Legacy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Nov 28, 2006.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I doubt historians will be so gullible.

I bet their big plan is similar to what Reagan's people tried... get something in every county named after him. Man, how pathetic would it be to learn about the Constitution and our form of government at George W. Bush High School? What would the mascot be... the Fighting Torturers? Or, perhaps in 25 years after a bunch of hard work by different administrations and sheer fatigue on behalf of all parties, some stability takes hold in the ME, I bet Bush's people will cry, "See, we told you so." Won't work.

And why would people go to bat and spend their careers working on this loser's legacy? And poor SMU will be tarnished by this "polishing" forever... they'd be better off with another football scandal. Just like anyone with a brain could see Iraq was a bad idea, it's a damn good bet that Bush goes down as the worst President in our history regardless of their "legacy-polishing."

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

the bush legacy?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

All his documents are under seal for reasons of national security. What are they going to fill it with, a 100,000 copies of My Pet Goat?

3. conquistador#11

Being from central america,I'm disgusted everytime I see the adoration towards the participants of The IRan-contra affair.Having to fly on an airport named after that evil doer H.W,having to see him @ press boxes at Reliant,Minutemaid.,blah blah....I fear that one day Memorial park will become Bush park.In a perfect world,the bushes(even the one that works for hollywood access) would all be relocated to canada....there is oil in canada,hockey,and the CFL; it wouldn't be so bad for them .

4. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

The George W. Bush legacy - How Forrest Gump Became President

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Good moniker.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The George W. Bush legacy - George H. W. Bush was a semi OK President

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

The perfect Bush legacy would be a memorial center for the 2000 soldiers killed in Iraq.

8. mc mark

And they can build it on his ranch.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The perfect Bush legacy would be if we, the country, could somehow completely forget the man was ever President, and that his legacy of war without reason, deficits beyond imagination, destruction of decades of hard work on issues like environmental law, the destruction of bipartisanship and comity in the Congress, the selling of his office to the highest bidder in a way unseen before in modern history, the cutting of taxes during a war, without asking the nation to sacrifice... god, one could write endless paragraphs on what we should wish could be placed behind us. That had never happened.

Sadly, he has been, and remains, for two more years, the President of these United States. Let us hope we survive him without further damage to our country. I'm not optimistic.

D&D. This can Sometimes be a Depressing Place.

10. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

The Bush family did donate some of the garden area at Memorial park. It says it on the little stone icon. I run there all the time. It's like the Republican National Convention over there. It's great... :)

11. mc mark

a josh post --

Okay, not that it's a surprise. But let's just stipulate for the record that the election results earlier this month didn't mean jack to the president when it comes to Iraq. Here's a story in the Times with the president not only blaming everyone but himself for the disaster he's created in Iraq but specifically laying the whole thing on al Qaida.

Said the president: "There’s a lot of sectarian violence taking place, fomented, in my opinion, because of the attacks by Al Qaeda, causing people to seek reprisal."

To the extent that we can read 'al Qaida' as a gloss for 'people blowing things up' this is no doubt true to a certain extent. But that's sort of like the president saying not to blame the Katrina debacle on him when it was mainly the hurricane's fault.

The Times piece does a pretty good job explaining how everyone in the military and intelligence circles now agrees that 'al Qaida' (whatever that means in Iraq exactly) is not the real issue in what's happening. But to the president, it's still us versus al Qaida. Possibly with outside support from Dr. Evil and KAOS. I really never thought this country could be run for a significant period of time by a president who seems captive of dingbat conspiracy theories and the strategic complexity of a children's bedtime story.

The illusory couple-week post-election window of non-denial has closed.

-- Josh Marshall
    http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I really never thought this country could be run for a significant period of time by a president who seems captive of dingbat conspiracy theories and the strategic complexity of a children's bedtime story.

What Josh fails to see is that the whole al Qaida in Iraq story line is just PR fodder from the WH. Thus, I truly believe that W does not believe the lies he is telling.

13. mc mark

Objections to Bush library mount at Texas university

As planners moved closer on deciding where in Texas to site President George W. Bush's library, members of the community at one candidate university expressed objections about the establishment of the facility at their school.

Southern Methodist University, along with the University of Dallas and Baylor University, is one of the three schools that may play host to the presidential library of George W. Bush. The blog of Paul Burka, the senior executive editor of the magazine Texas Monthly included excerpts of a letter written by "Faculty, Administrators, & Staff" of the Perkins School of Theology at SMU to the school's president worrying about siting the library at the university. In it, they say they would:

Some faculty members are not happy generally to be associated with the library of a president who — his librarian wife notwithstanding — isn’t seen as a big fan of intellectual life. When the reported price tag of $500 million for the library was publicized last month, professors didn’t like their institution being linked to the jokes being told. (Conan O’Brien: “President Bush is putting together his presidential library and apparently the library is going to cost $500 million, which will work out to $100 million a book.")

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Objections_to_Bush_library_mount_at_1218.html

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

At his library, only good USGS data will be available.

15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

so you mean latin americans didnt appreciate the reagan/ bush policy of genocide? dont you realize that ronnie was just trying to bring you freedom and save you from those evil commies?

(yes, i am being sarcastic)

17. mc mark

from the raw story article --

18. jo mama

the bush legacy?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

to quote curtis mayfield - "if theres a hell below, bush is gonna go".

19. jo mama

another bush legacy is his landmark support for gay hookers by hiring them as fake reporters and planting them in the white house press corp to field soft-ball questions to the president.

has there ever been another president who has so closely associated himself w/ male prostitutes? this jeff gannon guy made like 200 personal trips to the white house. that george w. is a real progressive!

i think its awesome that he did that and it is totally not inconsistent w/ his "christian" values.

[​IMG]

20. jo mama

another great legacy of bush would be his administrations support of sexually torturing children. i think this is a fantastic way to show the greatness of america and it is totally consistent w/ bushs "christian" values.