1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who the hell is the guy that scored Wilder up 4?

I understand the putting the score as a draw, but Wilder up 4 stupid.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't know. Fury's punches weren't really hurting wilder. All you had to do was find 2 rounds to give wilder and he would have tied it.

I think Fury won, but he has no power. I don't really like his antics really. **** AJ for ducking everyone.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Lennox Lewis said it best when asked why that is: “It comes down to the promoters; they’re the ones who hire the judges.”

4. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

There was no way in hell Fury was ever going to win that fight. Boxing wants to see a rematch or Wilder vs Joshua. What a shame

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

okay if every judge scored it 113-113 i would say okay. But one judge scored it 115-111 for Wilder, what in the ****? if that isn't obvious corruption i dont know what is.

I bet if you search the nation you wouldn't find another person that scored 7 rounds for Wilder

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You should correct that by saying "American Boxing".
    British boxing or worldwide boxing would be fine with Fury vs Joshua. They would sell out Wembley EASILY same as if AJ fought Wilder.

7. Air Langhi

115-111 was a completely corrupt score.

8. Air Langhi

If he didn't get knocked down in 12 he would have won on 113-113 card.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The fight would have been over in MMA - Fury was unconscious for several seconds... but we get a rematch in a fight I had 12-0 Wilder.

10. KingCheetah

Adonis Stevenson in critical condition after getting KO'd by Oleksandr Gvozdyk

Adonis Stevenson, who lost the light heavyweight world championship by 11th-round knockout to Oleksandr Gvozdyk on Saturday night at the Videotron Centre in Quebec City, was in critical condition at a hospital, promoter Yvon Michel said.

Michel said he and Stevenson's family were with him and that "they want to inform friends and supporters that Adonis is currently in a critical condition in intensive care in the hospital following his fight against Oleksandr Gvozdyk. They appreciate the concern and support of all. There will be no further comments at this time and they respectfully request your understanding in their desire have their privacy."

The precise nature of Stevenson's injury was not announced, but he was transported to the hospital immediately after suffering a brutal knockout in his 10th title defense, a mandatory bout against interim titlist Gvozdyk.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/25427766/adonis-stevenson-hospitalized-loss-oleksandr-gvozdyk

11. VanityHalfBlack

After the knocked down in the 12th, Tyson came back with some combos and hurt Wilder and was holding on for dear life. Dude was exhausted by the 12th.

12. VanityHalfBlack

But he did win it, by like 10 rounds, LOL.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I had Wilder winning 10-2 on my scorecard.

14. KingCheetah

I was just joking about 12-0 it was close fight - Wilder knocking Fury unconscious won it for him IMO.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Haha what a STUPID ASS you are.

16. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Breaking news for you Wilder fan boys: Tyson Fury just filed a police report for robbery, suspect is : black, 6’7” 200lbs??, early 30s, tats from head to toes, very skinny legs, left eye was swollen near shut. Suspect was seen running away with the WBC belt. Suspect was mumbling something as he was running away, some witnesses said it sounded like “Bombsquad “, but they weren’t sure because suspect was mumbling instead of yelling.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

19. KingCheetah

Tenshin decided to go hard at Mayweather - bad idea.

20. Coco Afable

Coco Afable Member

Wait, what? Manny Pacquiao is fighting tonight???