1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ILoveWhiteGirls

And your winner: Timothy Bradley!!

2. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cBQiLh9N6kg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I enjoyed the main event and the undercards. I thought Bradley won by 3-4 rounds. The stats of the fight indicated it was as close as two of the score cards had it.

Bradley may not have that KO power, but he has enough to make people respect him and not just walk him down. If he did have that kind of power though, he'd be real fun to watch. I still think he's fun to watch now.

4. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I don't know why but I want to see Bradley fight khan. Probably won't happen since its a GB & TR fighters involved.

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

lol haha

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Timmay put in work. Marquez and his team are crying robbery. Really? That was not a robbery. Tim won convincingly, more than his Pacman win. Good fight, I enjoyed it.

Marquez or his team has really made some questionable financial decisions in his career. First, they turned down a Pacquiao rematch after their first first and opted to fight Chris John in Indonesia for like $12, in a fight he "lost"

Then he turns down another huge pay day against Pacman for much lesser pay and higher risk fight, in Tim Bradley. In which he lost.

Hope we see Tim against the winner of Pacman/Rios or Alvarado/Ruslan. Should be a good matchup either way.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Marquez hasn't looked good in any of his recent fights. The Pacquiao win was dumb luck. He was dominated in that match. Roach tells Pacquiao to finish the fight now and Manny immediately follows this direction by walking up to Marquez with his hands down.

8. Beavis Stiffler

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I've only seen Provodnikov fight once.....he's scary.

Anyone catch that special they did with Kellerman...where he mediated a discussion with the fighters together? Very well done, I thought. A lot about the emotions going into a fight from both boxers.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Nights like that, is why I love boxing. I don't want to watch two guys dancing around, and I don't care about your "skills". Nor do i care to see more defense than offense. I want to see two guys go in and are willing to lay it on the line and fight.

I loved how after the fight, Ruslan was saying he was willing to die in the ring. He wasn't lying, dude went balls out. Really happy for him, his family and his supporters.

11. EssTooKayTD

I really enjoyed the fight as well. Very happy for Ruslan, and really felt for Alvarado. You could tell that like Provodnikov said, it would be whoever's will would outlast the other. Mike was a defeated man. You could just see it. That's tough to watch.

Did you watch the Legendary Nights, Gatti-Ward story after? It was pretty well done. Not quite as good as I thought it would be, but still very good.

12. mario_v

mario_v Member

A little off topic but did anyone watch the 30 for 30 documentary "No Mas". I thought it was very well done. Easily, my favorite of all the 30 for 30 documentaries.

13. EssTooKayTD

Ah no, I haven't. Mental note taken. Thanks!

14. dragician

dragician Member

one of the best fights of all time.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yes, that was really well done. Duran was a monster. They did wait too long for that 3rd fight and I didn't really like Sugar Rays explanation on why it didn't happen earlier.

I liked the legendary nights with gatti ward also. Such a tragic ending for a great fighter. Made me a little teary eyed towards the end.

16. EssTooKayTD

Just watched the 30 for 30 No Mas. Great watch!

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Just saw this on deadspin. Tragic thing. Frank Leal was KO'd back in March and many thought he should never fight again. Well he fought again last Saturday and was KO'd and never woke up. You can see the whole fight below. The fight should have been stopped in my opinion.

http://uppercutting.kinja.com/boxing-is-a-goddamned-tragedy-1450455925/@samer

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/181507-mares-shares-thoughts-on-friend-leals-passing

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2jAVLLgM5-s?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

^ At some point, the promoters/trainers have to step in and take care of their guy. Some boxers would fight forever if it was up to them.

19. EssTooKayTD

Holy crap...I read the headlines, haven't seen this yet. At first, it looks no different than any other KO. Then he's still down, and you can see there's nothing there behind the eyes. That's scary.

That HAS to creep into the minds of all the boxers, especially those about to fight.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

kid chocolate v rosado in a few hours should be good.