1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

whoow sick round

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

HOly ****

Yung-T likes this.
  3. 713

713 Member

This fight is crazy! Mauro is so good, gonna miss him on WWE.

#1283 713, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    KingCheetah and Yung-T like this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wladimir gotta be more aggressive, won't win this by decision.

5. KingCheetah

These rounds are flying by

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sh**, Wladimir should've went all-in in round six.

generalthade_03 and KingCheetah like this.
  7. KingCheetah

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Probably Klitschko's last fight, sad to see him go out this way. So close to victory. :(

generalthade_03 likes this.
  9. 713

713 Member

Best Heavyweight fight in decades. Jeez!

10. KingCheetah

Joshua better never get that gassed vs Wilder or he is going to sleep.

11. 713

713 Member

I haven't seen Wilder fight, is he the real deal? I looked at his past fights and it doesn't look like he has fought anybody I recognize.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Such a great fight!

Deontay better pray Klitschko retires and doesn't ask for a rematch with AJ. Also that Fury stays out of the game so Deontay can get AJ and make that big money.

If Deontay fights Wlad, Fury or AJ, he's gonna get found out quickly. It'll be even worse for him if the guy he loses to isn't the current champ. So I think he needs the AJ fight asap. But man, there are levels and Deontay's level isn't the same as AJ and Wlad's level.

I forgot about Parker. Ok that should be a good fight and that'll be great if the winner gets AJ.

#1292 ferrari77, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Wilder would be equally gassed by that point and more likely to be throwing his usual wild shitty haymakers which a tired AJ would still be able to counter properly, imo.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Mostly fought mediocre opponents and is worse than Joshua fundamental-wise, but seems a slight bit more powerful. Think he'd lose to all of the elite guys, but in this division you of course never know because of lucky punches.

713 likes this.
  15. hooroo

hooroo Member

great fight. they'll need a bigger stadium than wembley for joshua v fury.

16. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

If anyone that I want see the torch passed to it's Joshua. I want to see Joshua dominate the heavyweight division for years to come and restore the excitement back in boxing. Wladimir is a true warrior, even with this loss, he elevated his legendary status in the eyes of boxing fans everywhere. He answered a lot of his critics tonight with this performance...his heart, his chin, his resolve. I felt that Father Time was Klitschko true opponent tonight. He did not have anything left when Joshua went on the assault in the 11th round, his tank was empty he couldn't even hold Joshua. I wish this fight would have happened 5 years ago, but then Joshua was not even in the radar.
    As far as that chicken leg Deontae Wilder concerned, Joshua will put his ass to sleep within 5 rounds and I'll take that bet with any of you Wilder lovers in this forum.

What a fight and what a night for boxing.
    Thank you Dr Steelhammer!
    Thank you Anthony Joshua!

ferrari77 likes this.
  17. generalthade_03

I'm sad but also relieved. I for once glad that maybe this is his last fight. I'm his biggest fan and through no faults of his, he never got the proper respect that he deserved. I think this fight though late as it is in his career answered a lot of questions to his critics. Wlad has nothing left to prove...ride out into that sunset my Ukrainian warrior and enjoy the second part of your life.
    Love and respect to you Dr Steelhammer.

EssTooKayTD and Yung-T like this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lot of people saying that, but think he was just too passive tonight and let AJ regroup after that round 6 knockdown.

He still looked fresh in the later stages of the fight, but that AJ uppercut in round 11 was MASSIVE and I don't think anyone would've recovered from that, no matter what age. Klitschko didn't seem focused enough when coming into rounds, AJ caught him early on different occasions.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  19. generalthade_03

I agree with you on that point. I was screaming for him to throw one more left hook in the 6th, Joshua was gassed and ready to go. I also felt that he was gassed himself despite still looking fresh. We must not forget that he's 41 years old in this fight.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. hooroo

hooroo Member

i don't think wlad was passive he just didn't have the gas. joshua looked like he was knocked out but on his feet in the 5th. that was the time to close it out but wlad was still recovering from being actually knocked down.