1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. SunsRocketsfan

you guys who hate on GGG are nuts.. This is going to make red headed coward Canelo run even further.

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

So...I'm not too excited about the Canelo fight this weekend. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i have an anniversary dinner to go to, but i doubt i'd bother to pester someone to buy this.

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Any streams for the Canelo fight?

5. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

Because he's fought trash so far. How can a fighter be in his mid 30's and have that sorry resume?

6. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

7. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

Maybe the hate is because he cries about fighters ducking him, then he ducks Ward. Oh, and fought a smaller fighter after talking trash about Canelo doing so. People don't like hypocrites. Not even a little bit.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So we should hate Canelo right?

He's ducking Ward too. It's all about money.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Canelo messing around in the ring just like GGG but doing less damage.

11. Victorious

Victorious Member

wow what a crappy ppv! feel sorry for anybody who bought that. they need to stop BSing and make this fight happen. canelo trying to say they offered GGG the fight but they turned it down LOL but this is the first we heard of it. whatever. this is starting to become mayweather-pacquiao with canelo playing floyd's role of the "A-Side". Needs to happen in 2017, I don't see this fighting getting any bigger. they are running out of people to fight.

12. what

what Member

To me, and this is just me, the best fight that can be made and would hold my interest is a fight that is already scheduled:

Tyson Fury vs. Wladimir Klitschko II.

This is probably the best boxing match in decades in the heavyweight division. It has the potential to be a barn burner. It's certainly more interesting that GGG vs the red head.

13. SunsRocketsfan

not his fault there isn't any notable names for him to fight.

Outside of Canelo who is a big ass red headed duck there isn't anyone else for him to fight.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

since his comeback, virgil hunter maintained they'll do 3 warm up fights for ward before getting in the ring with a live body... 3 warm up fights later aka 2 years later he's finally fighting in a real boxing match.

also ward hasn't fought at 168 for several years. i think that's why they wanted those warm up fights, to see if he could get back down there.

ward can't stop name dropping ggg because that's the only time the media gives him any attention. look at all the interviews online, it's ward dissing ggg. he can sell fights using his own name.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

*typo

16. SunsRocketsfan

GGG >>> Pac + Mayweather

It's funny how quickly those two have been forgotten.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Here's the post fight conference. De La Hoya says that they offered GGG 8 figures to fight a month prior but he turned it down. He then says that the fight will happen in September of 2017. Max Kellerman said in the HBO broadcast that both fighters plan on fighting one more time in 2016.

Canelo listed at 5'9" 165 which is super middleweight, but he just won the 154 lb belt (light middleweight)
    GGG listed at 5'10" 159 and is the unified middleweight champ

What weight class would they fight at?

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nerp.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL well so much for the Fight of the Century. Fury already pulled out twice, no showed the press conference, got busted for coke and then quit boxing. Their first fight wasn't even competitive or compelling. Fury is a clown

[​IMG]

20. what

what Member

yep