1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brinks for hands.

2. IKant

IKant Member

The way Golovkin walks his opponent down with patience, without wasting punches or energy, is scary, and hard to beat.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Fight wasn't even close lol. Golovkin is for real. The Klitschkos are bringing him up well

4. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Matthyse vs. Golovkin is a dream fight. But that will never happen because they're two weight divisions apart from each other.

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

GGG would destroy Martinez at this point. The way he was walking down Macklin all night....god damn

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Doood...so much for his first real test. Golovkin had one thing in mind. Normally he seems to work a little, but it looked like as soon as he landed his first he knew he could end it fast.

7. dragician

dragician Member

8. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

It really is a work of art to watch him. So many of the great power guys jump into those haymaker punches, but Golovkin never looked off balance. He was always centered, despite the constant movement. Ready to set & punch any time the opportunity was there. Even after blocking or parrying a punch, the force would make Macklin hesitate. The window to counter was almost impossibly small.

Really looking forward to his next fight, but a lot of promoters are going to duck him. I hope the Martinez fight can get made after a tune-up or two for Martinez. I'm hearing Martin Murray is probably GGG's next fight.

9. hhh345

hhh345 Member

Lucas Matthysse vs Danny Garcia is now set for the undercard, for the mayweather vs canelo fight. That's going to be a hell of a ppv.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lara/Trout should be on there as well. Best PPV I've seen in quite some time

11. what

what Member

Yuri Foreman IS BACK!!!!!!!

I didn't realize it myself, but next saturday Foreman makes another fight toward his comeback.

If you can't tell, I'm a BIG Yuri Foreman fan.

12. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I've been boycotting boxing PPV for about 6 years now. The lack of willingness promoters showed to make great cards was too apparent for me to justify forking out the money. One sloppy Mayweather/Paquiao hand picked sacrifice after another, with very little worth mentioning on the undercards. HBO/SHO consistently provided better fights for less money.

However, this may be my first PPV order since Mayweather/Hatton. The card is flat out STACKED to the point that I'm reminded of the glory days (Late 80s, early 90s for my age group). García/Matthysse is nearly a PPV headliner & I would have stayed home for a Trout/Lara SHO fight.

Hopefully this is a taste of things to come for boxing. After being 80/20 split MMA/boxing for the first decade in the new millenium, the wave of new talent over the past few years is drawing me back.

13. SSP365

SSP365 Member

boxing ****s all over mma.

despite pacquiao/mayweather not happening both guys have fought top guys in the division like floyd and top 10 p4p fighters like pacquiao.

you sound like a casual noob boxing fan making statements like garcia/matthysse is near ppv status.

lmfaaao..

its not.

go back to mma. boxing doesnt need your cheap ass. Its doing just fine without you.

14. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Watched the fights this past weekend, and this one was crazy! Bey cruisin', more or less. 10th and final round...

Mickey Bey vs. John Molina

15. Beavis Stiffler

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-schedule-july-26-july-27-2013-174500930.html

16. hhh345

hhh345 Member

Great 3rd round in the Figueroa vs arakawa fight

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

This has to be fight of the year, where are these guys getting this stamina? I feel bad for anyone who missed this epic fight.

18. hhh345

hhh345 Member

More than 2000 punches thrown, it was a crazy match.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Unbelievable. What a great year for boxing. Seems like we've had a ton of great fights this year.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow, just watched that Figueroa fight and man, what a nice war. Love watching two guys try to knock each others head off.

They mentioned this on the telecast but Omar Figueroa vs Juan Diaz would be an amazing matchup. Give Juan a tune up or two to get in "boxing shape" and throw these two in the ring. Would be a good test for Omar.