1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The bottom line is the Rockets were cheated out of that last playoff spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big Ralph Sampson, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Big Ralph Sampson

When you look back at the season and add up all the games the Rockets were screwed by the refs the Rockets would have made the playoffs. It started off when the lakers came to Houston for the 2nd time and the refs just gave that game to the Lakers on a silver platter. As soon the Rockets got close at the end of the season the NBA and David Stern put their foot down and said enough of this we cant a team that isolates every play in the playoffs. The league and their merry men of corrupt officials then blatantly cheated the Rockets out of that huge game at Phoenix. The next step was to throw Steve Francis out of a must win game at Sacratomato for no reason! that cost the Rockets another win. Then finally in a must win at Seattle the refs just lost it and said Fu#k you Houston and your fans and just gave the game to the Sonics with every false call possible. 4 games count them and thats what cost the Rockets the playoffs. I have a message for the NBA - Fu#k you
    It is so obvious now the NBA destain for the Houston Rockets and fans. The NBA would go as low as cheat a team out of a playoff berth because they dont draw rating and then to change the rules of the nba so their favorites can excel. Its been a great year none the less and Rockets fans should be proud of the great wins this year. The Rockets are a playoff team even though they wont be playing sunday.

------------------

2. Toast

Toast Member

While I agree with much of what you said, I have to point out that just about every team in the league can blame the refs for as many losses as we can. The fact is, as a team you have to put the game away where the refs don't even come into play, and we just haven't done that this year.

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Excuses are like a-holes.........

We can ponder the what ifs for days and days.
    We can b**** about the refs all we want.
    We can argue about how crappy Walt and Cato played.
    We can complain about how many ill-advised shots Cat took.

The bottom line:
    We lost to the Clippers 3 TIMES this year.
    You have to take care of business in the NBA.

------------------
    "Chucky who?" Charles Barkley

4. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Coach,

You can take solice that at least the Pacers made it, right?

Now watch them upset Philly...that huge market monster.

------------------
    Sleepless in the Bronx

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we should have made the playoffs. so we are a playoff team with a lottery pick [​IMG]

good luck trying to keep us out of the playoffs next year!

------------------

6. Big Ralph Sampson

Drewdog, The facts remais the Rockets were cheated out 4 games, The Rockets are a young team and are gonna blow some games. So the a- holes are the ones who believe team should have to beat the refs calls and the teams they are playing.

Almu, I take no solice in the fact the Pacers made the playoffs what does that have to with anything? So stop right there and concentrate on the subject at hand the Rockets.

Toast, I dont understand your post it has no logic. So what teams were cheated like the Rockets were. The Kings were robbed out their division titles by pissy poor refs all year and the Blazers had a couple of games where the refs just ignored fouls cause of Wallace's behavior. So when you say just about every team it makes no logical sense.

------------------

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I cant help but stay positive after the inspiring finale.

i gained alot of respect for the Rockets this season, they are growing up quickly, learning as they go.

We fans will remember the Night That Hakeem
    Said Goodbye
    as one of the best ion Rockets history, regardless of playoffs or not.

------------------
    "Playing with Steve makes my job so much easier, "He's such a complete player. He has some great moves and shoots from the outside and in the post. We communicate well on the floor." - Hakeem Olajuwon

"It's great to have that inside-outside balance," Francis said. "We've tried to get that all season, with Hakeem and me clicking at the same time.

8. Band Geek Mobster

You do realize that the t-wolves were probably "cheated" out of a couple games too by the refs, unless you think Stern loves Minnesota and wants to see them do well. Oh wait, that's right, they don't have any draft picks for the next couple years because of Stern, I guess that rules out him ordering the refs to help out the t-wolves. Almost every team gets screwed by the refs at least once or twice a year, quit whining.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here here! [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Anal Retentive School for Jerks

Hey, I wanted to be president of something, and I swear everyone took every other presidential position already.

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

yeah it's the NBAs fault for scheduling the rockets games against the Clippers and Nets [​IMG]

------------------
    "Repression never did me any harm (I finally ceased to include "stop masturbating" as one of my guilt ridden New Year's resolutions, but that's a different topic)." Achebe - programmer by day, Mrs Palmers Husband by night

11. Big Ralph Sampson

Band geek mobster, I dont get your name and I dont get your post it makes no sense. Do you have facts to back up your claim that the T wolves were cheated out of games "NO"
    If you do then bring it on. The key word you use is probably and thats were your wrong. Almost every team gets screwd, Boy thats a stupid and simple way to look at things. The fact remains the Rockets were cheated not maybe or if so but yes they were.

------------------

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you have proof the TWolves weren't cheated? How can you say his arguement is illogical if you cannot even prove him wrong?

------------------
    President of the Anal Retentive School for Jerks

Hey, I wanted to be president of something, and I swear everyone took every other presidential position already.

13. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I hate excuses.

The only bottom line is we had a better year than last year but we weren't good enuff to make the playoffs.

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Black helicopter ... Grassy Knoll ... Trilateral Commission ... Freemasons ... ZOG ...

15. Band Geek Mobster

Blaming everything on David Stern seems to be a pretty stupid and simple way to look at things too.

Of course I can't provide facts the T-wolves were cheated out of games, you don't have any facts the Rockets were cheated either. You're just making up theories, no matter how many times you restate your theory, it's still not fact.

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited April 19, 2001).]

16. pooh222

pooh222 Member

The Rockets couldn't get the job done when they needed to down the stretch, that's why they didn't get in the playoffs. Yes, the refs cost them a number of games this year, but the refs have been sucking with virtually everybody. The Bottom line is the Rockets had their chances, it was right there for them, they just blew it.

------------------

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yawn,

Get a new subject Ralphie, this is getting OLLLLLLLDDDD !!!

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

18. Toast

Toast Member

My post has all sortsa logic!

Look, when a player posts up and shoots, I'd say about 9 times out of 10 he's fouled. However, the whistle rarely blows ... unless it's a superstar & he missed the shot, then they'll call it.

Almost every team in the league plays an illegal defense. Some play it the whole game. However, it usually gets called what once, twice a game?

If every single game was called perfectly, then I have no doubt in my mind that not one team's record would look the same at the end of the year.

Every game has blown calls. It just hurts more when it's your team who was just a couple of games out of the playoffs.

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club