1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Big Negative of Integration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Apr 4, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You don't think middle class blacks leaving black neighborhoods has contributed to their decline

The, accusation that I think Jim Crow a straw man argument/accusation. I'm not saying blacks shouldn't be able to live where they want, but if a middle class leaves an area for just poor, how can that area not decline?

One of the problems discussing poor black community problems is discussing anything outside of racism, people take offense.

This isn't anything to take offense to. I believe middle blacks should take more initiative in helping poor blacks because the relationship would be a positive. We talk so much about racism that I'm sure a lot of poor tune out people of other races trying to help them.

Either way I am tired of talking racism and trying to look at other issues.

I just want to stop the poverty cycle among blacks. Don't have an ulterior motive to disparage my race.

It's time to take responsibility for issues only we can fix

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I can see the point you are trying to make; every community has a responsibilty to help it's own downtrodden. Your premise is incorect in blaming integration for ongoing problems. In America, the African-American community has faced institutionalized racism & segregation making the prospects for advancement difficult.

Would you be okay with ongoing government sanctioned segregation?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It never ****ing happens in terms of repealing an amendment sounds forced?

I wasn't placing total blame. Good Lord, reading comprehension

So you don't think middle class blacks leaving had a negative impact.

We operate under that ghettos were always ghettos. Again a prime example is what happened to the area around Dunbar HS n Baltimore. It's a typical ghetto school now and it turned out top notch students when it was founded

One thing Gates and his guest said was the neighborhoods were more welcoming for lack of a better term than urban white neighborhoods because of the mixture of income classes. Not more in a racial sense but just general friendliness.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Other than asking if you were being deliberately obtuse on one occasion, I don't believe I have ever come close in all my stalking and obsessiveness to remotely insulting you and you call me a 'mofo'?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Mofo isn't an insult. It's a sign of anger you won't let this go.

I told you I accept you weren't fact checking. What admissions are you still looking for?

What am I being obtuse about?

#105 pgabriel, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In this thread I am not calling you obtuse at all. If you reread my post, I was referring to my post from weeks ago.

I'll wear 'mofo' as a badge of honor, I guess.

pgabriel likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's a whole site about many people like you.

8. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

It's not just up to middle class blacks to uplift blacks who are impoverished. It's on the entire country. It takes a real cordinated effort to end a cycle of poverty - decades. You can't put this on individual responsibility only.

pgabriel likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

This thread is sadly nonsensical.

amaru and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its ironic running into this topic of what these neighborhoods were like prior to integration.

All of us, black, white, etc are talking like it's impossible for blacks to build positivity on our own. I was gonna rant about slave mentality, that slavery has taught blacks that if it's white it's better. But everyone is responding like this.

Everyone in this thread is talking like blacks just had to get out of black areas to be happy. We all have to change that mentality.

On ghettos in particular they can't improve from within. Black have to start believing in the American dream as a whole. We have to put the past behind us

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

More peanut gallery. I know posters who other posters do it to multiple posters but please bro it's irritating and wasted bandwith

12. amaru

amaru Member

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm no Trump voter but seeing the tree for forests... is like magic eye on meth.... which is an epidimic in middel amrica

Deji McGever likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What, I thought you voted for Trump for the lolz

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

#115 pgabriel, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When you inply "black business men", you are implying small businesses that stays in the neighborhood correct?

So that regulates young black children to sticking to striving to be a convenient store owner or barber shop owner .

Those are some high aspirations you have for black kids there.

What if a black child wants to be an investment banker or scientist or engineer?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Cool

My bro in law was an investment banker. He got cut down in the do.com bubble. Landed nicely. But regardless he can work for his business owner father

The point is ownership. Find some owners of bigger businesses awesome.

We don't talk about ownership enough. Not in having power but just simply the American Dream

How many investment bankers you know
    How many business owners

One of those we can all be in the sense of unlimited opportunity

#117 pgabriel, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  18. fchowd0311

So do you frown on black children who's aspirations are larger than running a convenient store?

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where did I frown upon that

There is unlimited opportunity in your owning own businesses

And what the **** is wrong with a convenience store

But it's just about the American Dream

If there was another Barbara Bush program I would have posted it

Jesus yall are crazy to win

That was the ****ing story. I didn't write it

20. fchowd0311

Your premise is that the black community is being destroyed because ambitious succesful children don't want to stay in their local town.

News flash, most aspiring children don't want to stay in their local town of birth. White, Latino, Indian, Chinese... It doesn't matter.

I've told you this before .They even have derogatory terms for white adults up here in Massachusetts who never left their home town("townie").

It's because with the modern economy, any ambitious child who wants to earna high level skill proffesion is looking at the global job market and most successful kids leave their home town.