1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The best candidate for us is Mark Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What's worse: Mark Jackson as coach, or in his old age Mark Jackson at the PG? I'd say coach.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Kerr is using Alvin Gentry's offense.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I agree with OPeepee. Bring in Mark

4. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

And they immediately won the title after he got fired.

5. Nook

Nook Member

The Warriors actually incorporate more of Jerry Sloan's flex offense than the triangle or weave.

Spacing and quick passing, coupled with very efficient shooters from the outside and passers from the inside.

Alvin Gentry is the best offensive assistant coach in the NBA. He won't last long as a Head Coach, because he is a bad head coach. He is largely responsible for the old Suns offensive system and he established the offensive system used by the Warriors.

Mark Jackson did very little..... even Steve Kerr, he has done almost nothing to change the offensive system put in place by Gentry. Last year in the playoffs, it was Gentry that made the adjustments.

6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

U forgot water spoon

7. hakeemthagreat

What's ur point? Or do you even have a point?

GS sucked the same way we suck now. Mark Jackson turned that franchise around. Do don't want our franchise to be turned around? Such a fan you are

8. malakas

malakas Member

I rather be bad than turn around..into a cult.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Do you remember the Warriors under Mark Jackson being a fairly decent 50ish win team?

Do you remember what happened to said Warriors once Mark Jackson was replaced?

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Your same theory can be said for Dungy and Gruden.... Dungy laid the foundation and Gruden reaped the reward...

The same can be said about Jackson... He may an attitude problem, but he turned that franchise attitude around and instilled a winning attitude.. He took them to the Playoffs for the first time since the 06-07 season..

T_Man

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I agree with you. And I think a guy like Mark Jackson is the perfect fit for James Harden and Dwight Howard.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

a big LOL at people think it was Mark Jackson that turned the Warriors defense around. Lets not talk about the following things that ALSO happened:

1. They got rid of no D players. The year they turned their defense around 27th in the league to 14th in the league they rid themselves of Monta Ellis, Nate Robinson, and Dorrell Wright (2012-2013 season). They brought in Andrew Bogut and Ezeli the same year. The year after that, when they actually got Bogut to be on the floor for more than 60 games, their defense went up to 4th in the league. I'm sure many here can agree that Bogut's defense at this point is a lot better than what Biedrins was giving them.

2. Thompson's emergence. He went from playing 24 mpg behind Ellis and Brandon Rush to playing 35 mpg in 2012-2013. Klay's not an all-world defender but he looks like Gary Payton next to Ellis and Rush.

3. Draymond Green happened. He playing about 12 mpg his rookie year but saw his minutes increased to 21 mpg the year GS's defense ranked 4th in the league.

4. More player movement. When you bring in a very good defender at the time in Andre Igoudala you should expect an improvement on defense.

5. They moved David Lee and his sorryass D to the pine. This is probably the best thing to happen for GS's defense than anything else.

I'll give Jackson a little bit of credit in that he gave PT to his young players to grow but giving him significant credit for their defensive turnaround is a stretch.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's not happening.

14. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

Everybody hates everybody. I've been watching fhe Rockets since before Rudy Tomjonovich was head coach. And bar none, fhe best coach we have had since Rudy was Adelman. Adelman had a system, but never had healthy players. Golden State runs a similar system, but whith better players than Adelman had as a group. Dremond Green in Chuck Hays position. Do you remember how many assists Chuck used to get even though he could not shoot. Everyone was moving and cutting. McFail was supposed to keep the Adelman offense, but he let it deteriorate into iso-hero ball.

Anyway. Anyone would be better than JB and his love affair with Brewer at this point.

So, JVG? Sure, why not? Mark Jackson? O.k by me. Calvin Murphy? lol..flashy pick. Mike D'Antoni? Offense wins championships too. Luke Walton? Give him the keys to the club. Becky Hammond? Butt slaps and chest bumps yes! DM for head coach/general manager? Dork Elvis is the sexy pick!

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a bush league coach

resorts to bushleague tactics

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Poll: For our next head coach, would you rather

(a) hire Mark Jackson
    (b) have Clutch's computer randomly select a member of this board

I would go with (b).

17. MONON

MONON Member

So sign him this summer & fire him next summer. Then we are the 2017-18 champs. :grin:

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If I were chosen the first order of bidness is to have DD come on board as my strength and conditioning coach.

1 person likes this.
  19. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The Rockets will have to get a no nonsense coach... One that shows he's the alpha male... They need to have a Bill Fitch type attitude....

If not Harden will run circles around them...

I know you don't like Mark, but the warriors were in a worst situation when Mark took it over and he changed the attitude, mindset and culture of that team... That's the kind of coach the Rockets need.

T_Man