1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thats ONE for the Shaq-Fu

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Almu, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

My friend who works for Fox Sports gave me some funny scoop that I thought I would share. You might of heard it already so just humor me if you have! [​IMG]

Anyway, last night after the Sixers/Lakers game in which Iverson undressed Kobe and damn near broke his ankles, they asked Kobe what happened and why he played so poorly. Response: "I was tired tonight."

They went to Shaq and told him what Kobe said and Shaq responded: "What was he tired about? He is only 22."

Two quick points.

One, these guys sure get along.

Two, if Kobe wants to think and act like MJ, he should take notes that the guy he thinks he is played with the flu and 102 fever in the Finals and lit up Utah for 38 points. Takes more than hops and a bad hairdo to be a legend , Kobester.

I like Shaqfu more and more, I tell you.

------------------
    Sleepless in the Bronx

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

HAHA, Shaq is ok! [​IMG] The funny thing is that Kobe ripped into Shaq a month or 2 ago about being lazy on defense, then he gets ripped apart on defense and he has a copout. Funny!

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's weird, I heard on the radio that the reporter asked Kobe if he was tired, and Kobe replied, "No."

Then Shaq replied, "He better not be, he is only 22."

Think I heard Jim Rome say that on his show today.

------------------
    "Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
    Work like you don't need money, love like
    you've never been hurt, and dance like no
    one's watching."

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Raven, he did say he was tired.

He was asked about his uncharacteristic 13 shots and 18 points, and he said he was tired.

------------------
    President of the Charles Barkley fan club...Oh he retired? When?

5. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

I'm almost embarassed to admit it Almu, but me too.

No excuses Kobe! Great players don't make excuses (but pretenders do [​IMG]).

------------------