1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That power forward.. kill me now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finalsbound, Oct 8, 2003.

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

John Amaechi is absolutely the worst big man I've ever seen. And maybe that's the only reason we have him. Because he's big. And the slogan for this season is supposedly "Be Big."

But it seems like there's a difference between "big" and "fat." Yao's big. Cato's big. Amaechi...is fat. Period. It's so painful to watch someone on your team clanking free-throws like the basket is moving. That's supposed to be the other teams - Toronto (JYD Williams) or whichever team Darius Miles is on. Not the Rockets. I can't remember the last player that we had that was guarenteed to miss the effin' freebies.

I wish this dude wasn't on the team. He sucks offensively and defensively, but more importantly, he's a target for other teams who need to foul the Rockets late in the game this season. If Amaechi is in late in the games this season, we could be losing games because of him. Is JVG gonna tolerate this? His fat butt needs to be placed in a gym to shoot a thousand straight free-throws.

2. wiws316

wiws316 Member

But he's smart!!.......:rolleyes:

3. Matador

Matador Member

Ameachi's career FT% is better than Cato's and better than Eddie's last year.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Amaechi was 3-4 in FT shooting last night. He had 5 pts and 5 rebs in 20 mins and showed some nice work around the basket. And you critisize his one missed FT?? :confused:

Amaechi is probably only going to play spot minutes since hell be the 11th or 12th man. If teams are fouling him in crunch time, then we have bigger problems than him missing a FT. :)

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

3-4? Are you sure? That makes me feel like an *******. I swear I remember him missing his two free-throws early in the game.

I still don't feel good having him at the line. I mean, he did shoot less than 50% last year. And he is a major stiff.

I'd rather have this Cornell guy on the team. He played great D last night, and he can jump throught the roof.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I think that will be our strategy... make the other teams think he's a crappy foul shooter, put him in so he can get fouled, then he will be making ALL his FTs... just you watch!:D

7. pcheung

pcheung Member

He did brick two free throws badly.

The second one didn't count because Gabe M. was called for a lane violation.

But he made them later... funny how much better you look shooting when the ball goes in. Do you hear me Nachbar?

Nachbar????

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

FB,

JChi career is 67%. Not good, but not far off from the Catos and Griffins of the team. LIke I said, if he is playing during crunch time, then odds are, we have bigger problems to worry about than his FT shooting.

I like Cornell too. He seemed to be pretty fluid for his size. A couple of those one handed bounce passes scared me, but they hit their mark. And as usual, he seems to be a hustler (aren't most scrubs though?).

Overall, I don't think it matters much whether Amaechi or Cornell is the 12th man. Neither one or likely to see anything more than garbage/spot minutes. More than likely, I see Amaechi on the roster and some plantar fasciatis in Cornell's future. ;)

9. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

Amaechi = smart b*stard

MacBeth = smart b*stard

Amaechi = MacBest :confused:

You tell me? :D