1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

that picture RickSmith promised

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Jul 9, 2013.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

So with his permission here it is - I believe it may have been posted earlier in a different GARM thread but buried I've gotten some requests for it after i defended his choice not to post it in an earlier thread

[​IMG]

this was before Dwight's avi change on twitter (notice the june date)- the other guy run's Dwight's fan page on twitter as well (not new one that is out there)

anyways the things that threw me off were the time stamps

guy DM's Dwight and Dwight responds fairly quickly and then the guy waits an hour to respond back to Dwight Howard who then in turns responds back to him in a few minutes?

Besides the fact that its super easy for those who are talented to easily photoshop/re-create this -- the twitter avis are there but there are no twitter handles by the avis.

While the screenshot could be 100% authenticate there is plenty of reasons to doubt it - considering the volatility of the board at the time it just didnt seem worth it (seeing how Doc Rocket and cyberx had feces thrown at them like no tomorrow)

anyways here it is - mods feel free to move/locked/delete as you see fit

2. hbomb

hbomb Member

Thanks for this. Hmm lends an interesting perspective into things! wise not to have released it into GARM haha.

3. smr6

smr6 Member

Aww work filter blocks the image. Have to wait til my phone reception can be strong enough to load it. I'm in the one spot of my building where my reception sucks. Before the moved us around I had perfect reception haha.

4. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

That's really cool. Thanks for posting.

5. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing that. Real or not, it was a good thing not to share it.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I thought that was fake when I first read it, people said Dwight doesn't allow private messages(i have no clue as i have no twitter account).

7. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

You can't direct message dwight

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I would have been pretty skeptical if I saw this last week. A superstar telling some random person that he's leaning in one direction doesn't make a lot of sense.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yea, there was another thread that asked for the pic, i debunked it and linked the same pic when it posted in D12/CP3 team up thread (page 31)

1 person likes this.
  10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I should add in that Dwight does follow this guy on twitter so unless Dwight specifically put it in his settings (i dont know if thats even possible to stop DMs) but they can direct message one another if they follow each other

11. smr6

smr6 Member

It was the pic that was promised!

Fortold by a red star. It heralded the coming of a prince.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That actually changes things, then he would be able to direct message him.

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Sorry to all the people that emailed me about the pic, I rarely ever check that account, so I saw them all at once.

14. jacoby

jacoby Member

The picture is photo shopped. I asked the guy and he showed me the real picture. Dwight told him "Thanks" instead of "I'm leaning towards Houston."

15. thekad

thekad Member

Heh, so gullible. This kid should have just posted it so people would stop constantly asking for it. I guess the attention was too good.

16. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

17. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

So this thing is legit?

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

How did you get ahold of this image in the first place?

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

If I wanted attention I would have kept hinting at it. It's not my fault that people kept talking about it and asking about it. You on the other hand are the biggest loser on this forum. You hated on cyberx and doc rocket, claiming they were frauds when they have been proven right multiple times. Then you proceeded to start a thread about an "insider" from some other board, I believe it was realgm (lol!). Then, to top it all off, you tried mocking cyberx and doc rocket in the Dwight thread, with all of your bull**** "I'm hearing rumblings he's headed to Golden State" "I'm hearing Lakers now" "You guys should have believed me, I told you so..."

You were exposed as a ****ty poster long ago, then when it was official that Dwight was signing here, you sarcastically claimed to have called it, when cyberx and doc were right all along.

You are a fraud, you should eat crow and apologize to doc and cyberx, and you should be banned for intentionally trolling with your "sources."

But don't let any of this stop you from being a total jackass.

6 people like this.
  20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

repped

1 person likes this.