1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That defense tho

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Oct 18, 2017.

1. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Hilarious your talking about defense when referring to the likes of Wiggins and KAt who don't play a lick of it.

The Wolves haven't proven squat. Lets not compare them to two MVPs and a two way all star. :rolleyes:

2. leungevity

leungevity Member

PJ Tucker is like one of those WWE guys out there lol

3. Nook

Nook Member

Of course the Warriors missed Green and Iggy. Likewise the Rockets missed a healthy Paul and Nene.

The Rockets won the game on the road with Paul and Gordon going 0 for 10 from 3's.

Also the Rockets defense had already tightened prior to Green missing the 4th quarter. The Rockets defense and rebounding had been improving as the game went on.

Not going to get into the garbage of other line ups compared to the ones the Rockets and Warriors put out there. Both those teams last night were elite.

Also the injury to Paul cannot be over played, he was not himself at all.

Deuce likes this.
  4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The most amazing thing to me was that they were able to go with Tucker and Luc as their "big men" and still not give up offensive boards.

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Thanks Nook. Well said and it echos my sentiments about the game practically verbatim.

On a side note, would it be fair for me to cite prime Olajuwon's absence last night as a handicap as well?

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

TuckWagon is Thicc and Sturdy!

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We're talking about our defense, not theirs.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I know what they had, but that was our best defensive line up, and it was not their best offensive line up. Regular season is only useful for home court and and indication of playoff performance. That defensive performance is not indicative of a team that will defeat the defending champions.

I think you guys are setting the bar low. I'm the optimistic one here. I think we can defend better than that. I wasn't wowed. It was just enough.

9. engr chris

engr chris Member

Harden is right. We have some dogs in our lineup. THICC!!!!!!!!!!

10. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Its literally game one with several new players and a gimpy CP3 so yea we can do waaaaaaaaaaaay better. Need time to adjust.

Mathloom likes this.