1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thanks, Adam Everett

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by wrath_of_khan, Dec 12, 2007.

1. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

I realize this thread is going to get hijacked by a bunch of “good riddance” posts, but I’ve got to say that I’m going to miss Everett on this team.

What saddens me about the news that he’s going to be non-tendered is that it means that he’s probably more hurt than we realized and will never be the same player again.

I feel bad for him if that’s true, because he’s one of the great guys on our team; a True Astro. Reading about what he’s gone through with his daughter was heart-wrenching and made me appreciate his mental toughness. Make no mistake – Everett was a leader in the clubhouse.

Say what you will about his bat, but it was a joy watching Everett play the shortstop position. The game-ending DP against the Cards in the NLCS is one of my 3 favorite Astro moments of all-time.

Good luck, Adam – you’ll always be an Astro!

2. tested911

tested911 Member

I'm going to miss taking a break (Eating/taking a dump) when Everett,A$@muss,Pitcher was up to bat.. Damnit now I won't have a chance to do those things and will have to watch and exciting lineup. :D

3. foo82

foo82 Member

I'm one of the few that were against trading away everett. Everyone gets too caught up in offensive production that they don't realize how important defense really is.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm with you. I was initially excited to see that he wasn't part of the trade. I thought Tejada would be playing 3rd and would make for one hell of a defensive infield with Everett & Matsui.

Thanks, Adam. You will always be an Astro. You are still the best shortstop I've ever seen.

5. msn

msn Member

Same here. I can't go so far as to say Everett is better than Tejada, but I was hoping for an Everett/Tejada left side.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In honor and appreciation of Adam, here is a picture from the baseball Hall of Fame:

[​IMG]

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Lol..i think your not alone on this one...every time i saw the bottom of the order i would skip watching it or go do something I would normally do during the commercial break.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Thanks, Adam.

[​IMG]

9. wrath_of_khan

If Tejada's at short, the Cards win that game and the series is tied 2-2 instead of the Stros having a commanding 3-1 lead.

Not saying I disapprove of the trade, but that one play in such an important situation crystallizes why Adam was so important to this team.

Man, he was fun to watch in the field.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Agreed entirely.

I'll still wear my AE shirt :) That double play was so money.

11. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Is it in stone that we are letting Everett go? I really hope not.

12. msn

msn Member

You never know--because the lineup is also different (Tejada wouldn't plug in at the '8' hole.) So, each inning would set up differently and the pitchers might approach some of the other hitters differently.

Of course, our pitchers might also have to deal with more guys on base with singles that AE converted into outs. But ultimately, in the immortal words of Joaquin Andujar, juneberno.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I don't think they will let him go. Why not put Tejada at third and leave Wigginton as the utility guy that will play once in a while. That way we can secure the left side.

14. tested911

tested911 Member

Um you can't do that? If you do you will have to state if we didn't have Everett and added Tejada/Pence/Lee/Bourne the outcome would be what?

15. updawg

updawg Member

thats a cool photo bobrek

always liked AE, wish him the best

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thanks for everything Adam, best of luck.

DD

17. msn

msn Member

Dude, Wade called Everett, told him he'd be non-tendered, and thanked him for his contribution. Unless he lied at the press conference.

18. wrath_of_khan

OK, let me restate --

"No way Tejada makes that play, ever."

Is that better for the space-time continuum? ;)

19. msn

msn Member

Much, thanks! :D

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But we may have scored more runs in that series and actually WON a game.

:D

DD