1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Sir, may I have another

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Yes, let it go. If you're gonna let that contact go in the playoffs, let it go for our next 10 games. We need to get used to the no-calls. No injuries, please; if anyone pulls a Griffin, eject and suspend them. But let's learn to live without those Harden free throws we ain't gonna get.

Richie_Rich, Deuce, topfive and 12 others like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I ain’t too worried. CP3 will be our ref lobbyist.

#2 REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Daddy Long Legs and hakeem94 like this.
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Complaining gets you nowhere but I find they let contact go on us and continue to make calls against us. I think the best example of a game where we have learned the right way is the last Boston game. That to me is indicative of the attitude we need to have going forward. I don't think we should get out of our game but I do think (as we have done recently) that you have to attack the rim and force contact in those games instead of settling for the three all the time. It opens the possibility that by sheer volume you reduce turnovers, improve FG%, and create foul trouble or at least more free throws. You have to fight through it. In the past I just don't think we exhibited the right attitude to that tactic. You can make the other team lose composure if they see it not working. They get too aggressive and it backfires.

Hakeemtheking and Huricane like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

didn't some swathe of the 17 game streak coincide with Harden's lowest Fta games of the year?

we good

BMoney and Huricane like this.
  5. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

My very first post on Clutch City many, many years ago was a rant about ticky tack fouls and the refs not letting the guys get physical.

This years Rockets team has a lot of guys that are tough, both mentally and physically.
    I haven't seen any of the following guys be afraid to mix it up or back down when the other teams got physical.
    Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Trevor Ariza
    PJ Tucker
    Luc Richard Mbah A Moute
    Clint Capela
    Gerald Green
    Nene Hilario
    Joe Johnson

I am not sold on Eric Gordon's or Ryan Anderson's physicality.
    However, in regards to Eric Gordon, he is actually a pretty strong guy, but he doesn't let his emotions get out of control, so you never see him get into any fights.

That leaves just Ryan Anderson as the only finesse guy on the team.

I would love to see James Harden, Chris Paul, PJ Tucker and Joe Johnson bulldoze there way to the basket.
    ...While on the defensive end, they prevent guys getting position and letting them shoot from where they want to on the court.
    Advantage Rockets.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

wait which game is clutch's tweet talking about??

7. BackdoorHarden

Rest everyone.
    Everyone is going to try to injure Harden , just like Blake did.

Cp3 and Luc already hurt in the last 2 games. Harden's season almost over thanks to Blake trying to hurt him.
    Time to rest the entire team like the Warriors are doing.

Curry,KD, Klay are all practicing, yet, they will only play Curry. Clearing they faking injuries to rest players.

Only actual hurt Warriors is the Donkey that got his ball kicked

Hakeemtheking and BigShasta like this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Same for Harden. Are you gonna aggressively drive this game or take step back 3s all night long? We need consistency.