1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Richard Hidalgo.....

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ROCKET RY, Apr 19, 2007.

1. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

.....for lighting a fire under Jason Lanes Ass!!!! Ever since the Astros signed you in the off season (and basically made it a race between you and Lane to get the back up right field spot) Jason has been on a mission to prove he is worth a Sh*t.

He is rocking the ball lately and hopefully continues. I would actually like to see him platoon in center with Burke. - Rocket Ry

2. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

The appropriate title would be "Thank You Jason Lane for finally playing like you're capable of."

Richard Hidalgo had very little to do with Jason Lane playing well. Hidalgo didn't even make the damn team, so I can't really thank him for anything.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Power in the outfield...

4. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

lighten up dude......it was a joke....Jason was hitting well throughout the Pre-season and he was fighting for a spot on the team. If Richard was not signed there probably wouldn't have been as much competition. So therefore it would seem that Richard was Jasons main competition for the spot, therefore Jason stepped up his game givin that everybody counted him out and hoped Hidalgo would have a comeback. He was basically battling Hidalgo for the spot, and that lit a fire under his ass. Thats all I was saying here dude....relax

5. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

I just kidding around as well.....but I'm glad Jason Lane has pulled his head out of his a$$ because he has a lot to offer at the plate if he just develops more patience.

6. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Yes, good start by Lane but, I need to see consistency for at least 2 months before I'm convinced he is worthy of staying up here in the majors. Remember, he's gotten off to good starts only to swoon through May and June. Definitely need more consistency from Lane

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

It is nice to see Lane play at his potential...Now we need Berkman to start stepping up...

8. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Yeah I am so worried about Berkman starting to heat up and I am also convinced Lane has turned the corner

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

when berkman gets back to normal we will actually have a pretty potent offense....

never thought i'd say that.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

being sarcastic?